Just had a hands on with a Nexus One

This is a discussion on Just had a hands on with a Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by WERA689 easier to operate than the iPhone does.. Wow, that would be amazing and IMO completely different than any of the other ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just had a hands on with a Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    easier to operate than the iPhone does..
    Wow, that would be amazing and IMO completely different than any of the other android devices.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Yeah, I did try some really quick, simple stuff. Didn't get to push the spell checker, but it seemed easier to operate than the iPhone does. Like I said, it seemed to take forever to post the first post in this thread, compared to typing on the Nexus.
    Nice stuff WERA. Nice stuff.....I hear those live wallpapers are just awesome

I only saw the water wallpaper, but it was really something to see! The videos we've seen pretty well show the other stock option.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cherwinski View Post
    Did you type anything. My biggest complaint is the accuracy of the touch screen the iPhone is so perfect I have been very disappointed with all the Android Phones. That was the main reason I kept going back to the iPhone.
    The iPhone probably didn't feel perfect off the bat though, you've been using it so long you got used to it. You can't develop that feel for any phone in such a short time, need to give it a couple of weeks.

I gave the G1 about 2 days (although my wife has one and I have used it for about a year) and I gave the My Touch 1 week. I couldnt deal. The N1 has a bigger screen (close to iPhone size) hopefully that will make the difference.

Nexus One - The Next Generation of Cell Phones and Service or Just Another Droid?

Is Google positioning themselves to revolutionize and improve the cellular phone market? Google has consistently said that they do not want to get into the cellular service provider market, however, they never said they did not want to get into the VoIP (Voice over IP) market. Could it be that Google is moving cell phone service evermore closer to calls using internet service?

Let's take a look at their recent acquisitions, which help me tell the Google cell phone service story:

July 2007 - Google purchase Grand Central - Grand Central was a major provider of Voice over IP service

November 2009 - Google purchase Gizmo - Gizmo was yet another major VoIP communications network (Gizmo uses proprietory codecs that were used in the creation of Skype)

Google's release of phones and operating systems have the ability (and has been done) to use, in combination, Google Voice, SIPdroid and a PBX to make VoIP calls over WiFi and 3G network connections.

Yeah, so what? Well with most to all networks having 3G coverage, this gives one the opportunity to make VoIP calls locally and internationally. Oh, and I forgot to mention, using VoIP doesn't use your cell minutes! So wait, you can call anywhere for free and not use minutes? Yes!

With Google's new products you can send text messages and make calls on any internet connection without having to worry about going over on your cell phone minutes, because you don't use your minutes.

I still do not believe that Google wants to become the next Verizon wireless, I maintain that they intend to revolutionize the cell phone market and take it a step further.

Some will argue that if Google enters the market, they will "step on toes." Yes, Google will most likely anger some of the carriers with the "unlocked" offering of the coveted Nexus One, but consumers will still need to keep their carriers in order to utilize 3G network service.

Only time will tell what Google plans to do with their products such as Google Voice and their VoIP capabilities, but I believe the writing is on the wall or written very lightly. Add in the fact that they are releasing the Nexus One phone on T-Mobile who just committed $9B to upgrading and maintaining their network services. Maybe to improve 3G services to handle the high amount of data needed for VoIP calls?

Good points all. But, honestly, TMo has a long way to go around here just to catch up to (gulp) AT&T!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post
    Nexus One - The Next Generation of Cell Phones and Service or Just Another Droid?

Is Google positioning themselves to revolutionize and improve the cellular phone market? Google has consistently said that they do not want to get into the cellular service provider market, however, they never said they did not want to get into the VoIP (Voice over IP) market. Could it be that Google is moving cell phone service evermore closer to calls using internet service?

Let's take a look at their recent acquisitions, which help me tell the Google cell phone service story:

July 2007 - Google purchase Grand Central - Grand Central was a major provider of Voice over IP service

November 2009 - Google purchase Gizmo - Gizmo was yet another major VoIP communications network (Gizmo uses proprietory codecs that were used in the creation of Skype)

Google's release of phones and operating systems have the ability (and has been done) to use, in combination, Google Voice, SIPdroid and a PBX to make VoIP calls over WiFi and 3G network connections.

Yeah, so what? Well with most to all networks having 3G coverage, this gives one the opportunity to make VoIP calls locally and internationally. Oh, and I forgot to mention, using VoIP doesn't use your cell minutes! So wait, you can call anywhere for free and not use minutes? Yes!

With Google's new products you can send text messages and make calls on any internet connection without having to worry about going over on your cell phone minutes, because you don't use your minutes.

I still do not believe that Google wants to become the next Verizon wireless, I maintain that they intend to revolutionize the cell phone market and take it a step further.

Some will argue that if Google enters the market, they will "step on toes." Yes, Google will most likely anger some of the carriers with the "unlocked" offering of the coveted Nexus One, but consumers will still need to keep their carriers in order to utilize 3G network service.

Only time will tell what Google plans to do with their products such as Google Voice and their VoIP capabilities, but I believe the writing is on the wall or written very lightly. Add in the fact that they are releasing the Nexus One phone on T-Mobile who just committed $9B to upgrading and maintaining their network services. Maybe to improve 3G services to handle the high amount of data needed for VoIP calls?

Im not sure why t-mobile would care about handleing the high amount of data needed for VoIP calls? Sure they want to increase there bandwidth but I don't think its for the purpose of VOIP. IMO they are dumping this money into the 3G services because its the only option they have.

Att and Verizon both purchase significant amounts of the 700mhz spectrum from the recent government auction. This spectrum is supposed to be prime for the implementing of the next 4G networks. With T-Mobile missing the action this seems to me like a last resort to try and compete.

Hey, good write up considering the small amount of time you got to use it.. I will bring it back soon ;-)

The screen touch is just as good as the iPhone IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorpacketq View Post
    Hey, good write up considering the small amount of time you got to use it.. I will bring it back soon ;-)

The screen touch is just as good as the iPhone IMHO.
    Great to hear! Is it your phone?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links