Just had a hands on with a Nexus One

This is a discussion on Just had a hands on with a Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yep...that's him all right :D...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just had a hands on with a Nexus One

Yep...that's him all right :D

Really cool! Thanks, both of you :P
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Thanks WERA689

Actually, thank inspectorpacket...remember, I met his wife at my shop, and she mentioned that he had an N1. I asked her to ask him to come by, and gave her the details of this forum.
    He didn't have to come by the shop, OR join up here.

So THANKS INSPECTORPACKET!!!

Oh, though HE went to your shop and needed help!
    Well, thanks to his wife then? :D
    Thanks inspectorpacket!
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

When I met his wife, I had no idea who her husband was. Until he came in, that is! Then I realized that I've known him for a while now! He pulled the N1 out of his pocket, and all I could say was "So it's YOU?!?!?!"

Are you able to turn the phone sideways and type? If so, how does is the response from the phone? Is it comparable to the Iphone?

Yeah, after seeing all the leaked preview vids and being pretty encouraged, I'd say that's about my only main concern left is whether or not it's going to be a comfortable typing experience. Every phone I've ever owned up to this point had a physical keyboard so I'm pretty used to that. My wife has an iPhone and so far it, although I know it's not exactly what I'm looking for, is the only virtual keyboard I've ever been able to type on with any confidence or consistency.

If the landscape keyboard on the N1 is something approaching that then I'll be pretty well sold.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jreitnauer7 View Post
    Are you able to turn the phone sideways and type? If so, how does is the response from the phone? Is it comparable to the Iphone?
    The phone supports both portrait and landscape typing mode, just like the Droid.

Quote Originally Posted by jrl022 View Post
    Yeah, after seeing all the leaked preview vids and being pretty encouraged, I'd say that's about my only main concern left is whether or not it's going to be a comfortable typing experience. Every phone I've ever owned up to this point had a physical keyboard so I'm pretty used to that. My wife has an iPhone and so far it, although I know it's not exactly what I'm looking for, is the only virtual keyboard I've ever been able to type on with any confidence or consistency.

If the landscape keyboard on the N1 is something approaching that then I'll be pretty well sold.
    I have a Droid and find myself using the physical keyboard 99% of the time. My roomate however prefers the virtual keyboard. There are a couple of keyboard replacement apps out for Android that may improve the default behavior and that's something you won't see on the iPhone (Since they lock it down so much)

I too was used to physical keyboards. But I'm finding that, with a bit of time to adjust, touchscreen typing is just as easy, if not easier, that on a physical keyboard. That's been my experience, anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links