Just had a hands on with a Nexus One

This is a discussion on Just had a hands on with a Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had used a hardware keyboard, faithfully on all the cellphones I had, until I got a Ipod Touch, which I actually got very used ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just had a hands on with a Nexus One

I had used a hardware keyboard, faithfully on all the cellphones I had, until I got a Ipod Touch, which I actually got very used to! I actually prefer the touch screen keyboard for the feel of it, but the only problem I have is that you can't type without looking.

I'm really happy that this phone will have haptic feedback.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    but the only problem I have is that you can't type without looking.

I'm really happy that this phone will have haptic feedback.
    Same here..
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

yep, it is my phone !

Quote Originally Posted by cherwinski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorpacketq View Post
    Hey, good write up considering the small amount of time you got to use it.. I will bring it back soon ;-)

The screen touch is just as good as the iPhone IMHO.
    Great to hear! Is it your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorpacket View Post
    yep, it is my phone !

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorpacketq View Post
    Hey, good write up considering the small amount of time you got to use it.. I will bring it back soon ;-)

The screen touch is just as good as the iPhone IMHO.

Why don't you send on down here soi I can play with it for a few days

Sure wished I could, but I can't loose my job over it !

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    yep, it is my phone !

Then don't do that . I wish I lived closer to that area now. Thansk for letting WERA play with it

Sure wished I could, but I can't loose my job over it !

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    yep, it is my phone !

Quote Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post
    Nexus One - The Next Generation of Cell Phones and Service or Just Another Droid?

Is Google positioning themselves to revolutionize and improve the cellular phone market? Google has consistently said that they do not want to get into the cellular service provider market, however, they never said they did not want to get into the VoIP (Voice over IP) market. Could it be that Google is moving cell phone service evermore closer to calls using internet service?

Let's take a look at their recent acquisitions, which help me tell the Google cell phone service story:

July 2007 - Google purchase Grand Central - Grand Central was a major provider of Voice over IP service

November 2009 - Google purchase Gizmo - Gizmo was yet another major VoIP communications network (Gizmo uses proprietory codecs that were used in the creation of Skype)

Google's release of phones and operating systems have the ability (and has been done) to use, in combination, Google Voice, SIPdroid and a PBX to make VoIP calls over WiFi and 3G network connections.

Yeah, so what? Well with most to all networks having 3G coverage, this gives one the opportunity to make VoIP calls locally and internationally. Oh, and I forgot to mention, using VoIP doesn't use your cell minutes! So wait, you can call anywhere for free and not use minutes? Yes!

With Google's new products you can send text messages and make calls on any internet connection without having to worry about going over on your cell phone minutes, because you don't use your minutes.

I still do not believe that Google wants to become the next Verizon wireless, I maintain that they intend to revolutionize the cell phone market and take it a step further.

Some will argue that if Google enters the market, they will "step on toes." Yes, Google will most likely anger some of the carriers with the "unlocked" offering of the coveted Nexus One, but consumers will still need to keep their carriers in order to utilize 3G network service.

Only time will tell what Google plans to do with their products such as Google Voice and their VoIP capabilities, but I believe the writing is on the wall or written very lightly. Add in the fact that they are releasing the Nexus One phone on T-Mobile who just committed $9B to upgrading and maintaining their network services. Maybe to improve 3G services to handle the high amount of data needed for VoIP calls?
    Google has now partnered with Skype for VoIP...and they are working on one of the fastest internet connections of 1 Gbps..interesting!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links