Xperia X10 or N1?

This is a discussion on Xperia X10 or N1? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm ready to make the jump to Android (currently WM6.5 on HTC TouchDiamond2) Problem is I'm torn between the X10 and N1. I have to ...

Thread: Xperia X10 or N1?

Question Xperia X10 or N1?

I'm ready to make the jump to Android (currently WM6.5 on HTC TouchDiamond2)

Problem is I'm torn between the X10 and N1.

I have to say I'm leaning to the X10, but I'm interested to hear what anyone has to say in the N1's favour.

Price isn't really an issue (I'm expecting the X10 will be more) and I will be buying outright, no plan.

So far, the differences I'm aware of are:

X10 bigger screen but TFT

X10 less ram, but 1GB internal storage

X10 looks better (IMO) but N1 smaller

X10 Nice UI but probably slower(?) and also slower to get Android updates(?)

X10 camera definately better @8.1mp, also probably more functionality.

Anything else?

If SE get the UI running nice and smooth, I'd have to go with the X10 I think.

Why would YOU choose the N1 over the X10?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

what do you need out of a phone?

Need or want?

Other than the basic phone functions + email, I guess web browsing and nav are the most important. I'm also looking at my next phone as being a replacement for my 1G ipod nano. Actually,I'm just realising how much I use the camera in my TD2, so camera also.

My HTC TD2 has terrible sound quality. HEAPS of noise. I am sure this is one area SE would excel at but possibly the N1 is good too. The fact that the N1 is HTC does have me a little concerned though. (edit: only about the sound quality. everything else about HTC has been great for me so far)

The X10 music player looks better than what's available on android or any android app I've been able to find. As I mentioned before it's only any good if the UI runs nice though.

To sum it up:

email, web browsing, nav, media player, camera.

I don't care so much about twitter, facebook, calendar, or other apps. at least not at this stage.

In terms of imaging, the X10 is likely to be the best on the market, however I'm not sure if the N1 is meant to have 720p video recording (like the rumoured HTC Bravo) - anyone know?

I like the Xperia X10, but something about it isn't appealing to me.

I love how media based it is, but I think its a bit too MUCH for a phone. The blue interface is pretty, but the special layout seems extravagant focusing on anesthetics before functionality.

I know you can forgo those layouts and design for the regular android set up, but that seems like the focal points of the phone.

The 8mg camera is pretty drool worthy! My digital camera is only 7mg, so its crazy that a cellphone is able to take higher resolution pictures. :P

Something just irks me about the phone! So personally, I'd say Nexus, but if you are looking for a phone PLUS a high quality camera and media center, I'd say X10. I constantly have my Ipod Touch on me, so that is what I look to for media, but I guess it would be nice to have it all in one.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

email, web browsing, nav, media player, camera.

email web browsing nav both the x10 and the n1 will be the same

for media player and camera x10 will definately have the edge

x10 it is for you!

Thanks for the help so far.....

Good thing is you can't go wrong with either I guess.

I do think the X10 is more what I am after.

Its all up to SE to get the UI perfected now.

From the looks of the more recent vids I have seen they are definately on the way to getting it right.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links