Nexus One All about Google Voice

This is a discussion on Nexus One All about Google Voice within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so why is google voice invite only? lol, may i get an invite from someone please? sorry just thought i would ask...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One All about Google Voice

so why is google voice invite only? lol, may i get an invite from someone please? sorry just thought i would ask

Don't want to be a pest, but I too would love a GV invite. I have asked in many places. But so far I have come up empty. If you have one available, and willing to send it to me, please PM me, and I will send my email address so you can send it. On another note, if any needs a Google Wave invite, I think I have three left. Thanks in advance.

don't you get an invite automatically when you buy the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    don't you get an invite automatically when you buy the phone?
    well when i get my phone i will let you know. if i dont get one i need to find someone nice enough to give me a invite

in case any one can send me a invite my email is pazatat2@gmail(dot)com

I didn't get an explicit invite, but after I received my N1 I was able to log onto Google Voice and get a Google phone number.

You also don't need an invite to use Google Voice as an answering service on your current phones.

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    I didn't get an explicit invite, but after I received my N1 I was able to log onto Google Voice and get a Google phone number.

You also don't need an invite to use Google Voice as an answering service on your current phones.
    This was my experience also.

I didn't even know you needed an invite for google voice. I set it up through my phone using my google account that's under a year old (I have two: one personal that's almost 8 years old, the other professional that's less than a year). Then I realized GV is more than just a handy voicemail service and logged in on my computer, set up a new number, and it had more than just voicemail services. No invite needed.

Maybe it helped that I have one of the original Google ___ beta testers in my contacts? Either way, I saw no invite.

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast099 View Post
    I didn't even know you needed an invite for google voice. I set it up through my phone using my google account that's under a year old (I have two: one personal that's almost 8 years old, the other professional that's less than a year). Then I realized GV is more than just a handy voicemail service and logged in on my computer, set up a new number, and it had more than just voicemail services. No invite needed.

Maybe it helped that I have one of the original Google ___ beta testers in my contacts? Either way, I saw no invite.
    Google removed the invite requirement some time ago.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast099 View Post

Google removed the invite requirement some time ago.
    ... and now I feel stupid.

Oh well, GV still rocks my socks. Out of curiosity, when did the invite-only status drop?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links