Nexus One All about Google Voice

This is a discussion on Nexus One All about Google Voice within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so why is google voice invite only? lol, may i get an invite from someone please? sorry just thought i would ask...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Nexus One All about Google Voice

  1. #11
    Junior Member pazatat2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18
    so why is google voice invite only? lol, may i get an invite from someone please? sorry just thought i would ask

  2. #12
    Junior Member barnettj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Don't want to be a pest, but I too would love a GV invite. I have asked in many places. But so far I have come up empty. If you have one available, and willing to send it to me, please PM me, and I will send my email address so you can send it. On another note, if any needs a Google Wave invite, I think I have three left. Thanks in advance.

  3. #13
    Member Discman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    88
    don't you get an invite automatically when you buy the phone?

  4. #14
    Junior Member pazatat2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    don't you get an invite automatically when you buy the phone?
    well when i get my phone i will let you know. if i dont get one i need to find someone nice enough to give me a invite

  5. #15
    Junior Member pazatat2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18
    in case any one can send me a invite my email is pazatat2@gmail(dot)com

  6. #16
    Senior Member davidalow44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    125
    I didn't get an explicit invite, but after I received my N1 I was able to log onto Google Voice and get a Google phone number.

    You also don't need an invite to use Google Voice as an answering service on your current phones.

  7. #17
    Senior Member johnny cizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    I didn't get an explicit invite, but after I received my N1 I was able to log onto Google Voice and get a Google phone number.

    You also don't need an invite to use Google Voice as an answering service on your current phones.
    This was my experience also.

  8. #18
    Junior Member sexybeast099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17
    I didn't even know you needed an invite for google voice. I set it up through my phone using my google account that's under a year old (I have two: one personal that's almost 8 years old, the other professional that's less than a year). Then I realized GV is more than just a handy voicemail service and logged in on my computer, set up a new number, and it had more than just voicemail services. No invite needed.

    Maybe it helped that I have one of the original Google ___ beta testers in my contacts? Either way, I saw no invite.

  9. #19
    Member Abrupt Demise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast099 View Post
    I didn't even know you needed an invite for google voice. I set it up through my phone using my google account that's under a year old (I have two: one personal that's almost 8 years old, the other professional that's less than a year). Then I realized GV is more than just a handy voicemail service and logged in on my computer, set up a new number, and it had more than just voicemail services. No invite needed.

    Maybe it helped that I have one of the original Google ___ beta testers in my contacts? Either way, I saw no invite.
    Google removed the invite requirement some time ago.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

    Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

  10. #20
    Junior Member sexybeast099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast099 View Post
    I didn't even know you needed an invite for google voice. I set it up through my phone using my google account that's under a year old (I have two: one personal that's almost 8 years old, the other professional that's less than a year). Then I realized GV is more than just a handy voicemail service and logged in on my computer, set up a new number, and it had more than just voicemail services. No invite needed.

    Maybe it helped that I have one of the original Google ___ beta testers in my contacts? Either way, I saw no invite.
    Google removed the invite requirement some time ago.
    ... and now I feel stupid.

    Oh well, GV still rocks my socks. Out of curiosity, when did the invite-only status drop?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Amazon opens app store for Developers
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Android Forum