Nexus One All about Google Voice

This is a discussion on Nexus One All about Google Voice within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Nexus One is all about Google Voice | TmoToday Gizmodo broke the story yesterday on the Nexus One's pricing and restrictions . Though the prices ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One All about Google Voice

Nexus One All about Google Voice

Nexus One is all about Google Voice | TmoToday

Gizmodo broke the story yesterday on the Nexus One's pricing and restrictions. Though the prices of $530 unlocked and $180 on contract are more than reasonable, we found some of their restrictions hard to swallow. The only way one could get that $180 subsidized price was by get the $39.99 Even More plan plus Messaging and Data. This includes 500 Whenever minutes with unlimited night, weekends, Messaging, and data. The monthly total would be $79.99. The first question we asked was "What about family plans?" Well, if you have a family plan and want the Nexus One you must either get an individual line for the $180 price or buy the phone for $530. The other question was "What if I want unlimited minutes"? Well, Google's solution is Google Voice. The Nexus One is heavily integrated with Google Voice. Google wants Google Voice to be the primary voice service being used on the device - T-Mobile wants to be the carrier that launches the Nexus One. So, Magenta and Google came to an agreement that benefits both companies. T-Mobile profits from the 500 minutes and unlimited messaging and data, but still helps Google launch the first wireless Google Voice/mobile VoIP service. Many were also confused that it would be an "invitation only" thing. Well, the N1 is for people you already have and use Google Voice. So the ultimate idea is that T-Mobile makes money from the rate plan whereas Google builds a GV user base, prior to launching a full-on VoIP service towards the end of next year the soonest. Makes sense, right? All this comes from an extremely reliable source, but still should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think this is great!

So far, I'm really enjoying Google Voice. Using it on the computer is a bit strange, but it integrated with my phone pretty well. My phone does not support it, but I'm looking forward to using the service with the Nexus!

I have Wifi almost 100% of my day, so I'm going to be using VoIP to not use up my minutes which I tend to do. I blocked my plan from using overage minutes, but its good to know if i DO run out of minutes, I'd be able to make calls on VoIP.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Yes, this Google Voice integration is going to be a big plus for me as well!
    (T-Mobile USA) HTC Nexus One Unlocked

umm....when did google voice start using voip ? I've been using google voice for about 4 months now and as far as I know there's no voip.....sorry if I've been hiding under a rock and just missed this somehow, but I have a number and voicemail with really bad transcription but when I use gv from my droid it just dials out through a google number but still uses my minutes. I do know that there is a way to get free sms with gv........now I've confused myself.....anyone care to elaborate and help a confused old man out (I'm only 44)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    umm....when did google voice start using voip ? I've been using google voice for about 4 months now and as far as I know there's no voip.....sorry if I've been hiding under a rock and just missed this somehow, but I have a number and voicemail with really bad transcription but when I use gv from my droid it just dials out through a google number but still uses my minutes. I do know that there is a way to get free sms with gv........now I've confused myself.....anyone care to elaborate and help a confused old man out (I'm only 44)
    Are you using VoIP applications on your Droid to dial out? Or are you just dialing normally?

You need to connect the GV number with one of the many VoIP applications to use data instead of minutes!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

This is awesome! I love the indepth FAQ how to use Google Voice. Thank you! That article should be stickyed somewhere!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Excellent, I'm new to GVoice and needed this resource to answer my million questions :confused: thanks for th docs.
    (T-Mobile USA) HTC Nexus One Unlocked

google voice invite

hey all im new to this forum just got my nexus 1 and was wondering did anyone have an extra google voice invite for me id appreciate it just wanted to use the phone and all its features. thanks.

gv question

so i'm not entirely tech savvy but i am pumped about the nexus 1. i've heard some rumors and read some articles but not all of them are clear, so here's my question: if i buy an unlocked nexus 1 can i set up a google voice number and make straight up standard free calls and texts with out a carrier? thanks for your help everyone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links