Can I just use my current SIM?

This is a discussion on Can I just use my current SIM? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have had T-Mobile service for many years and currently my wife and I are on a family plan. I have a Blackberry Curve and ...

Thread: Can I just use my current SIM?

Can I just use my current SIM?

I have had T-Mobile service for many years and currently my wife and I are on a family plan. I have a Blackberry Curve and thus have the unlimited data which is $20/month. We pay $60 for 700 shared minutes. My wife has my old Motorola Razor which has been off a contract for some time. My Curve 2 year contract is up in April, but I believe I can get upgrade pricing in February.

I'm wondering if I purchase an unlocked Nexus One, would I be able to just take the SIM card from my Curve and put it into the Nexus One and have it work? We don't need more minutes than we currently have and I think if I get a subsidized phone I would have to move to a more expensive plan. So I may pay more upfront, but save money over all by buying the unlocked phone.

So I'm wondering if I can just use my current SIM in the Nexus One?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If the phone is unlocked, all you have to do is put in your sim card! After you have to make sure to call T-Mobile and tell them to change the coding of your data to Android data. They told me you will not be added any additional fees.

Its the best way without having to sign into a more expensive 2 year contract.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

That would be good if they don't change the fee for the data plan. Looks like the Android data plan is $5/month more than Blackberry.

Guess I'll be buying an unlocked Nexus One as soon as I can! :D

Good info since I am in a similar situation. But, I use UMA a lot to keep my minute usage in check. I have 1000 minutes across four family plan phones.

With all of Google's initiatives in VOIP, is it reasonable to expect some kind of VOIP implementation on the N1?

As an alternative, do I have to change plans entirely to get 1500 minutes, or will TMO allow me to keep my current plan and pay for a pool of 500 or 1000 minutes?

Great Forum! Thanks.

Two SIMs

I have two t-Mobile SIMs one for US and one Germany.
    Sounds like I can use them both, here and there.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    If the phone is unlocked, all you have to do is put in your sim card! After you have to make sure to call T-Mobile and tell them to change the coding of your data to Android data. They told me you will not be added any additional fees.
    I'm currently using Tmob's 'internet2.voicestream' for my WM device data connections. Will that be the same for this N1 Android?
    (T-Mobile USA) HTC Nexus One Unlocked

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links