Status of invite rumor?

This is a discussion on Status of invite rumor? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; While we are mostly all wowed by the capabilities and demo videos of the N1, the whole idea of the phone being "invite only" initially ...

Thread: Status of invite rumor?

Status of invite rumor?

While we are mostly all wowed by the capabilities and demo videos of the N1, the whole idea of the phone being "invite only" initially still looms large. Has there been any more to the rumor that has been verified yet?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Forum. Nothing else has been heard about this rumor at this point. Perhaps we'll know more on Tuesday, after the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. Nothing else has been heard about this rumor at this point. Perhaps we'll know more on Tuesday, after the press conference.
    Thanks much. I was wondering because I definitely plan to buy one unlocked come Tuesday if the availability is to the general public. I have suffered far too long with a non touch screen WinMo Samsung Jack.

Yeah, I just got rid of my BlackJack II in favor of an iPhone 3Gs...now I'm tryin' to figure out how to get the N1! :D

I don't care much what it is at this point to be honest. ANYTHING but a non-touch phone. The N1 just happens to come out at a very convenient time.

Admin
    Still haven't heard a peep here either, will post something up as soon as I do though!

The whole invite rumour, if true; anybody think it's a whole marketing ploy to make the handset a desirable device, therefore ramping hype and 'Must Have' status?

I'm not real sure what to believe at this point. Videos and pictures of a super performant phone show up, and everyone wants the thing already as it is. Then we hear that it's initially going to be invite only, with absolutely no indication of what the invite criteria will be, and no reason of why the invite only deal would even be considered. We also hear (and see unverified screenshots) that the phone will be limited to only one specific T-Mobile plan (with only 500 talk minutes), if you go the subsidized route. Plus we hear that the unlocked phone will be in the same neighborhood as other smartphones in terms of price, with an occasional whisper here and there that $530 is not the actual price that will be charged, and that we all will still be shocked come Tuesday. Meanwhile, Google is remaining very tight lipped until the Tuesday press conference.

Something just doesn't add up in my mind. I am beginning to think that either Google is putting some of this stuff out there themselves so that the buzz surrounding the Nexus One remains high, or Apple is putting rumors out there to create FUD for their competition.

Nothing on invites here. I am waiting for the press conference myself to listen and learn.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links