Nexus/Plan question for unsub phone.

This is a discussion on Nexus/Plan question for unsub phone. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am very interested in the Nexus One and plan on getting it, if and only if I can get the following: Is it possible ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus/Plan question for unsub phone.

Nexus/Plan question for unsub phone.

I am very interested in the Nexus One and plan on getting it, if and only if I can get the following:

Is it possible to purchase the unsubsidized phone and get the "Even More Plus Unlimited Talk + Text + Web" plan ?

This plan is $79.99 and includes unlimited everything, FAR better than what they are offering with the subsidized offer. Sure the initial cost of purchasing the phone hurts, but in the long run its an overall better deal, since your not restricted to 500 minutes.

Will Tmobile give us potential consumers hassle if we try to get the Nexus +
    "Even More Plus Unlimited Talk + Text + Web" plan ?

Unsupported Browser

Code:
    Even More Plus Unlimited Talk + Text + Web
    This plan includes:
    •	Unlimited nationwide calling
    •	Unlimited domestic messages (text, picture, video, and IM)
    •	Unlimited Web access
    •	No annual contract
    •	Free domestic long distance and no digital roaming charges across the US

All our national voice plans include:

No nationwide long-distance or roaming charges
    Nationwide Whenever Minutes®
    A low rate for additional minutes
    This plan features:

Whenever minutes	 Unlimited
    Weekend minutes	 Unlimited
    Weeknight minutes	 Unlimited
    Mobile to mobile minutes	 Unlimited
    Shared minutes	 None
    Data transfer	 Unlimited
    Services

Included
    Voicemail with Message Alert
    Directory Assistance*
    Call Waiting
    Optional
    Unlimited Web
    T-Mobile Android Unlimited Web
    WorldClass International Service
    *Charges apply per-use

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Also.. this is a silly question but.. they will support porting of numbers correct?

i was actually hoping to do the same thing.. dont u get to break up the cost of the phone on the evenmore plus plan? i really hope i can get it this way because i have a fam plan and its cheaper:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by xrEminiscex View Post
    i was actually hoping to do the same thing.. dont u get to break up the cost of the phone on the evenmore plus plan? i really hope i can get it this way because i have a fam plan and its cheaper:rolleyes:
    I dont think so since its google thats actually selling the phone, but who knows?

The plan is a major deal breaker for me.. if tmobile does allow what I propose above, its just not worth it to me..

ill feel like im getting stuck with a crappy ATT type deal (which is WAY over priced)

You can't do the payment/layaway on the phone, because that is a part of T-Mobile, NOT Google. Later once/if the phone is being sold directly from T.M then you would be able to qualify for the 4 or 20 installment plan to pay for the phone.

BUT regarding the plan, if you pay for the Unlocked/unSub Nexus, you WILL be able to use the phone on any of the Even More Plus plans.

I currently have the EvenMorePlus 500 + Web/Text, for 59.99 which comes out to 65 with taxes. All you need to do, is move the sim card, and call T-Mobile to change the data to Android Data, which will take a hour to change on the plan, and you are set! It won't affect or change your plan.

Unless you seriously do ALOT of talking, getting unlimited minutes is a bit unnecessary unless you can afford it. You can use VoIP and call over data or Wifi and not use minutes at all!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Everything to this point is just a rumor and not official. Let's wait until Jan. 5th to make your decision

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    You can't do the payment/layaway on the phone, because that is a part of T-Mobile, NOT Google. Later once/if the phone is being sold directly from T.M then you would be able to qualify for the 4 or 20 installment plan to pay for the phone.

BUT regarding the plan, if you pay for the Unlocked/unSub Nexus, you WILL be able to use the phone on any of the Even More Plus plans.

I currently have the EvenMorePlus 500 + Web/Text, for 59.99 which comes out to 65 with taxes. All you need to do, is move the sim card, and call T-Mobile to change the data to Android Data, which will take a hour to change on the plan, and you are set! It won't affect or change your plan.

Unless you seriously do ALOT of talking, getting unlimited minutes is a bit unnecessary unless you can afford it. You can use VoIP and call over data or Wifi and not use minutes at all!
    Id be coming from metropcs and im use to unlimited minutes i could never go back to counting minutes

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post

aww poo :mad: i guess ill have to wait if tmo does sell it.. "patiently" waiting for the 5th to hear better news...hopefully

tmobile data plan doesn't work out of the box

The "Even More" plan works on the phone side, but all I get so far is a "you need to update your plan" when I try to connect to the Internet with wifi turned off. I.e., enter a url into the browser or try to check gmail, and it only works with wifi, not with tmobile $60 monthly data plan.

I gave up trying to figure out why it wouldn't work and called tmobile. According to the customer service person, it takes a few days after inserting the SIM card before the data plan actually works.

So far, I can't find anyone else reporting this. Am I the first person on the planet who is trying to use Internet access outside of wifi, or is the tmobile customer service person jerking my chain?

Hi Everyone, I'm a salesperson for T-Mobile so I'm hoping I can clarify a few things from what I've read/been told/experience. I do work at an indirect store, but as a result (and doing it for two years) I've practically memorized their streamline customer support index after having to deal with the flexpay customer care and crap for so long. (english please? lol.) Here goes:

To Answer the OP's question, The even more plus plan is perfectly capable of supporting the Nexus One if you buy it unlocked. Currently, since the device is sold through google, it is not possible to pay it out over the full course of the bill, so the $529.99 must be paid up front. However, the 'Android Data' covers all the android phones, so the data feature will work for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rsowen4 View Post
    The "Even More" plan works on the phone side, but all I get so far is a "you need to update your plan" when I try to connect to the Internet with wifi turned off. I.e., enter a url into the browser or try to check gmail, and it only works with wifi, not with tmobile $60 monthly data plan.

I gave up trying to figure out why it wouldn't work and called tmobile. According to the customer service person, it takes a few days after inserting the SIM card before the data plan actually works.

So far, I can't find anyone else reporting this. Am I the first person on the planet who is trying to use Internet access outside of wifi, or is the tmobile customer service person jerking my chain?
    First off the T-Mobile data plan is currently $30 for the Android data, as an add-on feature for the account.

Secondly, this is sometimes the case- if you add-on the data plan it can take up to 48 hours for it to properly register to the account, in the event the plan was extremely old and you changed it to a new one, Something on the server side could have gone wrong and it could perhaps require tier-3 data to re-enable it. (weird corruption issues, I've seen it before)

If it's simply not connecting- try removing the sim card and battery for about 15 minutes, maybe even wiping the phone afterwards, and trying again. That will perform a 'hard reset' with the network, and will possibly help it register.

If none of that works, there's two options:

1, call t-mobile and specifically ask the employee to remove the data feature and re-add it, as is often the case a bogo box or something of that sort simply isn't checked properly, and it messes the entire thing up. (I would suggest this course of action, especially if you bought the phone unlocked.)

2. Go to Unsupported Browser and remove the android data from your plan, then simply re-add it, similar to how a customer service rep would do, but you can do it yourself. The benefit of doing it yourself is that you know it's done properly, and it can be done by going to 'change plan' in your account.

As a side-note to the two options above, seeing as how the device is sold through google, I've read that if you do remove the plan from your account then they are allowed to charge your bank account for the difference in the cost of the phone- so be weary and tread lightly. (If you bought the phone for the full retail price, this is a non-issue.)

If even that doesn't work, it's possible that your sim card isn't properly provisioned for data services (do you have an old voicestream sim card?) and it could perhaps require a new one.. If you just activated with tmobile and it's a brand new sim card, the above steps don't work and you're still having problems, you can call customer care or go to a retail tmobile dealer (indirect dealers can do it, but it requires you pay $10-25 in the store for the sim, then call tmobile and issue you a bill credit) and they can replace the sim card free of charge.

I hope I helped in some way, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to pop me an email at jareduarunorudu[at]gmail.com :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links