Nexus One to have ATT version?

This is a discussion on Nexus One to have ATT version? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Google Nexus One to rock out on AT&T? Boy Genius Report This isn’t completely confirmed, but we’ve heard from a source that there will be ...

Thread: Nexus One to have ATT version?

Nexus One to have ATT version?

Google Nexus One to rock out on AT&T? Boy Genius Report

This isn’t completely confirmed, but we’ve heard from a source that there will be an AT&T 3G-compatible version of the Google Nexus One. Our connect described it as being a “second” unlocked model, with the T-Mobile-subsidized unit being locked to T-Mobile. Our tipster was so impressed by a Nexus One in person, they said they would 100% give up their T-Mobile BlackBerry 9700 for one when it’s available. We’ll see what happens on the 5th…

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

so if we buy the unlocked one its NOT 3G compatible?

I didnt realize there was a question about its compatibility with 3G, this worries me.

This is all speculation still.....I think we will have many questions answered on Tuesday @ 9 AM

This rumour is gaining momentum. It was just repeated on Mashable.com:

Google Nexus One Available on AT&T 3G? [Rumormill]

Welcome, crascott! And thanks for the link! This would be so awesome....:D

Wasn't this already confirmed last month by the FCC.

The FCC recently approved a new device manufactured by HTC that is called the Nexus One. The FCC confirms that this device has 850/1900 GSM bands, and support for T-Mobile's 1700MHz 3G network. The FCC also confirms that it has a hearing-aid rating, which points to a U.S. release, as well as support for microSD cards, Bluetooth, and 802.11b/g Wi-Fi. The FCC does not confirm any other details about this device, but Google mentioned recently that it has given this device to employees for testing purposes and may sell it directly to the public.

Admin
    The current Nexus One only works with T-Mobile, now there are rumors a 2nd version will come out with the hardware necessary to work with AT&T as well.

Just want to clarify this bit since I don't live in the US:

What's the major difference between AT&T and T-Mobile network? They both run on GSM right?

I'm planning to get the Nexus One at launch, but I sure do hope it works on our GSM network in the Philippines where I currently reside.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links