Nexus One on Verizon

This is a discussion on Nexus One on Verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Its going to be the EXACT same Phone to the T just CDMA locked for Verizon.. I will be getting one to replace my Storm ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on Verizon

Its going to be the EXACT same Phone to the T just CDMA locked for Verizon.. I will be getting one to replace my Storm 2 when it hits verizon.. I just ordered the unlocked N1 just to play with and then sell when the VZW N1 comes out...
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Well I certainly hope HTC has their widgets out so I can at least get the important parts of their Sense UI. That UI is just plain beautiful, and the Weather/Clock widget, and keyboard & calendar are amazing.

I currently own the Motorola Droid & Droid Eris so its only right for me to have the N1 too.
    Anyone disagree on that?

Nobody here, that's for sure! Welcome!

I think im going to love this site as much as I love DroidForums.Net

Quote Originally Posted by vzwmandroidN1 View Post
    I think im going to love this site as much as I love DroidForums.Net
    I am at both a lot...I may get a N1 but only when it arrives at VZW. I'm not switching to inferior networks

Quote Originally Posted by vzwmandroidN1 View Post
    I currently own the Motorola Droid & Droid Eris so its only right for me to have the N1 too.
    Anyone disagree on that?
    I concur! I had the Droid, it was too Square for my taste.. But it is an awesome Smartphone.. The N1 is that and then some plus oh so gorgeous!
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

The only problem is Verizon's "smartphone" plan. You will have to pay boatloads to get the Nexus One on Verizon when it is available.

Also, I have't used the Android onscreen keyboard yet, but I wouldn't mind a little extra thickness for a physical keyboard. Surely the onscreen is decent because it has a beast of processor and a good(?) touch screen.

I'm with you Miami!

Junior Member SoftwareForMe.com's Avatar
    @Rickyjames,

I love my Droid too. I don't think we can quite put together an analysis of the performance differences between the Droid and the Nexus. Mathematically, the Nexus has a faster clock, but don't be fooled by that. And the GPU performance appears to be about 12% faster--judging from raw polygon numbers reported by the manufacturers--but once again, that doesn't say much.

True performance can be a sticky subject. For example, if I write some simple 3D app, say a carousel of contacts, and run it on many phones, my G1 will beat my Droid hands down. Why? The Droid has 2 1/2 times as many pixels to draw. But, of course, it doesn't take much tweaking to take advantage of the Droid's strengths to get the better performance you'd expect.

As for Verizon and others... I think now that we know HTC has their CDMA Android stack working (well, in Spring, anyway), we'll see phones roughly like the Nexus One available for any carrier. Next year (or maybe around Christmas), the 3rd generation Android phones will be out, and they'll be everywhere, all at once (fingers crossed).

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC
    & Imagine Multi-touch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links