Nexus One on Verizon

This is a discussion on Nexus One on Verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all, new member here. I had a Driod for 3 weeks. Took it back due to several bugs in the operation of the phone. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on Verizon

Hello all, new member here. I had a Driod for 3 weeks. Took it back due to several bugs in the operation of the phone. Those may have been worked out with the update to 2.0.1. I wasn't keen on my new phone having issues right out of the gate so I took it back before the 30 day return period expired. I wanted to wait and see how the phone fared after some time in the market & now I'm glad I did.

I'm looking forward to trying out the updated 2.1 OS Droid & N1 side by side in a couple months (I hope, when is Spring exactly?)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Hello all, new member here. I had a Driod for 3 weeks. Took it back due to several bugs in the operation of the phone. Those may have been worked out with the update to 2.0.1. I wasn't keen on my new phone having issues right out of the gate so I took it back before the 30 day return period expired. I wanted to wait and see how the phone fared after some time in the market & now I'm glad I did.

I'm looking forward to trying out the updated 2.1 OS Droid & N1 side by side in a couple months (I hope, when is Spring exactly?)
    I'm pretty sure the N1 will have it's share of bugs (at first) as well, so don't look for it to be perfect out of the box. I'm willing to grow with it. It will improve, but so will the Droid you returned.

My new Christmas Droid seems fine as far as bugs, but I am still learning. WolfpackRon.

The n one will have bugs, no one expected the Droid to have bugs same thing goes for the n one.

verizon is so expensive.. i dont understand why people just wouldnt switch to tmobile..

i guess tmobile isnt the best service everywhere..

4Nines
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    verizon is so expensive.. i dont understand why people just wouldnt switch to tmobile..

Verizon works in places I never thought it would! If you travel out of the city and to remote places, Verizon is by far the best. I would rather pay more money and know that my phone is going to work just about anywhere, than to be broke down somewhere or stranded with no service

Pretty much pay for size / consistency. Pay less for smaller network with more minutes in less places basically.

I like verizon because my job & recreation takes me many different places along the greater seattle / puget sound area, and ATT & Verizon are the ones that get coverage outside of the "main" areas. And Verizon gets superior coverage to ATT as well as having more reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines View Post

Verizon works in places I never thought it would! If you travel out of the city and to remote places, Verizon is by far the best. I would rather pay more money and know that my phone is going to work just about anywhere, than to be broke down somewhere or stranded with no service
    That`s a fact!! I went into the mountains of Tennessee and my VZW was the only service working and I had a line of people wanting to use my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by On2Vegas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post

I'm pretty sure the N1 will have it's share of bugs (at first) as well, so don't look for it to be perfect out of the box. I'm willing to grow with it. It will improve, but so will the Droid you returned.
    No doubt about that, I'm sure the N1 will have a few kinks to work out also. But at least they will begin being worked out by TMobile users & not me. I think the Droid is already improving that regard, which is why i said i look forward to comparing it to the N1 in a couple months. Either way, when you pay that kind of $$ for a phone and have to pay extra for the data packages to go along with them, I expect it to work well. My Droid didn't. It had numerous issues ranging from a completely craptastic camera & random losses of volume to the Gmail updates not working correctly. There were other issues with that phone as well, which is why elected to vote with my money and return it. I'm not anti-droid at all, I just decided that it was a mistake for me to invest in a brand new & unproven design. Until I see the N1 in person, It is very likely that I will buy another Droid in a few months.

I love my Droid that I got around Christmas, but this Nexus One is already making me drool. Snapdragon AND Flash?! Alas, I'm locked into a two year contract

Does anybody know if somebody on the two-year contract can sell their phone to some random Joe, and then buy a new phone full price, while keeping the same contract?

*This is why I really hate contracts. It makes selling your phone and all that scarier.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links