Nexus One on Verizon

This is a discussion on Nexus One on Verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jptech The only problem is Verizon's "smartphone" plan. You will have to pay boatloads to get the Nexus One on Verizon when ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nexus One on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by jptech View Post
    The only problem is Verizon's "smartphone" plan. You will have to pay boatloads to get the Nexus One on Verizon when it is available.

Also, I have't used the Android onscreen keyboard yet, but I wouldn't mind a little extra thickness for a physical keyboard. Surely the onscreen is decent because it has a beast of processor and a good(?) touch screen.
    Did you see the pricing already? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    verizon is so expensive.. i dont understand why people just wouldnt switch to tmobile..

i guess tmobile isnt the best service everywhere..
    Sure, I'll pay less for T-M and use my N1 as a paper weight since I wouldn't have service anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ENOTTY View Post
    I love my Droid that I got around Christmas, but this Nexus One is already making me drool. Snapdragon AND Flash?! Alas, I'm locked into a two year contract

Does anybody know if somebody on the two-year contract can sell their phone to some random Joe, and then buy a new phone full price, while keeping the same contract?

*This is why I really hate contracts. It makes selling your phone and all that scarier.
    Yes, you can sell the phone to anyone at anytime. You just have to keep the same plan, that's all the 2-year contract is really for.

You say you got the droid for christmas? You can cancel your contract before 30days and get a full refund. Verizon has a 30 day satisfaction guaranteed deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dtboos View Post
    The Verizon "version" of the Nexus One is most likely the Passion / Incredible. It will also most likely have HTC's Sense UI. This is of coarse speculation on my part, but thats what I've come to believe. Europes version will be the "Bravo." The nexus one is just the first of a few related phones, and will run stock android.
    My guess is that the Bravo/Passion/Whatever will be a full HTC branded phone sold through VZ as another of it's Droid series. It will have the Sense UI, similar hardware stats to the N1 but have a different form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by RoMMz View Post
    Yes, you can sell the phone to anyone at anytime. You just have to keep the same plan, that's all the 2-year contract is really for.
    I think you have to keep "a" plan, not just the same plan. During the past couple of years I have switched from one flavor of family plan to another flavor and, eventually, to a single-user plan.

None of those switches dinged me for an ETF. I think VZ just wants you to maintain service with them.

Verizon - Forced Data Plan

I wonder if Verizon will force the purchase of the Data Plan. I do not need a Data Plan. The entire area I live in is blanketed in wireless.

Anyone Know?

With other phones, they make you take the data plan.

I have heard that certain phones require data plans. They required it on the Touch Pro 2. Not sure about the Droid.

Junior Member SoftwareForMe.com's Avatar
    Yes, the Droid requires a data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post

No doubt about that, I'm sure the N1 will have a few kinks to work out also. But at least they will begin being worked out by TMobile users & not me. I think the Droid is already improving that regard, which is why i said i look forward to comparing it to the N1 in a couple months. Either way, when you pay that kind of $$ for a phone and have to pay extra for the data packages to go along with them, I expect it to work well. My Droid didn't. It had numerous issues ranging from a completely craptastic camera & random losses of volume to the Gmail updates not working correctly. There were other issues with that phone as well, which is why elected to vote with my money and return it. I'm not anti-droid at all, I just decided that it was a mistake for me to invest in a brand new & unproven design. Until I see the N1 in person, It is very likely that I will buy another Droid in a few months.
    No, I wasn't saying you were anti-Droid, my apologies if that's how it seemed. I was just pointing out that the N1 will be in a similar boat as the Droid in that it's a new OS running on new and complex hardware. Kind of 1st gen, if you will.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links