Gorilla Glass

This is a discussion on Gorilla Glass within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The Galaxy Tab is gorilla glass and two people reported it cracked mediocre falls. I blame the bigger glass. And remember it's scratch resistance not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gorilla Glass

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    The Galaxy Tab is gorilla glass and two people reported it cracked mediocre falls. I blame the bigger glass. And remember it's scratch resistance not scratch proof.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Actually there is a N1 and a NS. Not sure what the point of this post was...
    I meant, the article "PSA: don't try to wow your friends with the key scratch test on the Nexus S" is obviously about Nexus S glass, and I thought we're discussing Nexus One glass here...

Ah ok. I appear to be a lil Foggy today. Sorry Guys
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

As far as I know it's not Gorilla Glass. But it is scratch resistant. Does it matter? It is what it is.

My phone hits the pavement a lot, and has no noticeable scratches. If you look closely when it is off, you can see some light scratching, but it doesn't detract at all. I take horrible care of it and have no case. I've owned this one since May 2010. I use it everyday all the time and love this phone. Why do you care if it is Gorilla Glass?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Why do you care if it is Gorilla Glass?
    Because it's cool and we want to know... is that a valid reason

Y'all are saying the N1 has gorilla glass? Really? Seems doubtful to me. Mine did not far so when I dropped it last year, nice spiderweb of cracks across the glass.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Just because its gorilla glass doesn't mean it can't crack. And yes the Nexus One is gorilla glass
    Androidfied.

Thanks truth I still wasn`t sure but if you say so I will take your word for it. I thought so but what was throwing me off was that it did not say gorilla glass on Google specs sheet and that is something that you would like to advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Thanks truth I still wasn`t sure but if you say so I will take your word for it. I thought so but what was throwing me off was that it did not say gorilla glass on Google specs sheet and that is something that you would like to advertise.

Yea that was my initial thought, why not brag on it? Maybe because they dont want ppl "testing" it and then making a warranty claim?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Gorilla Glass is not anything new. It's been around for a long time. Gorilla glass also has a closer partnership with Motorola than other companies. It probably was never advertised because Gorilla Glass wasn't a big issue as it seems to be now, with everyone demanding the capacitive phone has it. Now everyone cares and think it's gonna save their phone when dropped. Which is probably more a fable than fire breathing dragons.

Truth is glass is glass. No matter how big or how small. Given the right angle, velocity and impact, could crack anyone's phone, no matter how scratch resistant it is. The glass was made to better protect against scratches as opposed to drops, even though that is a factor.

Bottom line, don't drop your phone.

I mean we seen the idiot who tried to claim this Droid 2 exploded, only to find out he dropped and broke the screen.
    Androidfied.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links