aGPS on the Nexus One?

This is a discussion on aGPS on the Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hopefully some members here will be able to get their hands on a Nexus One by tomorrow. Anyways my question is about the aGPS if ...

Thread: aGPS on the Nexus One?

aGPS on the Nexus One?

Hopefully some members here will be able to get their hands on a Nexus One by tomorrow. Anyways my question is about the aGPS if you are out of range of a cell signal, will the GPS work like a normal GPS even without a signal from the cell tower? Cause I was wondering if the Navigation app uses Google Maps to get its map info, then wouldn't it need atleast a wifi connection? Cause if it doesn't then does it store the map data on the sd card?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver65001 View Post
    Hopefully some members here will be able to get their hands on a Nexus One by tomorrow. Anyways my question is about the aGPS if you are out of range of a cell signal, will the GPS work like a normal GPS even without a signal from the cell tower? Cause I was wondering if the Navigation app uses Google Maps to get its map info, then wouldn't it need atleast a wifi connection? Cause if it doesn't then does it store the map data on the sd card?
    Yes you will have some type of location even though you do not have a signal.. It may however not be as accurate as it would with signal.. I had a droid so i can tell you its the same stuff..
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links