Noob question about N1 screen width

This is a discussion on Noob question about N1 screen width within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys just signed up and there are a couple of questions I have before I get the N1. First let me just say I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob question about N1 screen width

Noob question about N1 screen width

Hey guys just signed up and there are a couple of questions I have before I get the N1. First let me just say I was dying for the droid and the only thing I didnt want on it was the keyboard and a month later here it is N1 so now Iam deing for the N1. I need to know weather the screen is wider than the droid I know the height it is the same 3.7 but the width of it defetnetly look alot wider.

Second If I purchase the unlocked N1 which is $200 what exaclty does this mean besides the fact it wont be carrier specific and I could take it any where int he world. I knwo they are selling the locked ones for $500 why would any one want a locked one and pay more it. Thanks alot

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by N1Sickness View Post
    Hey guys just signed up and there are a couple of questions I have before I get the N1. First let me just say I was dying for the droid and the only thing I didnt want on it was the keyboard and a month later here it is N1 so now Iam deing for the N1. I need to know weather the screen is wider than the droid I know the height it is the same 3.7 but the width of it defetnetly look alot wider.

Second If I purchase the unlocked N1 which is $200 what exaclty does this mean besides the fact it wont be carrier specific and I could take it any where int he world. I knwo they are selling the locked ones for $500 why would any one want a locked one and pay more it. Thanks alot
    You have it backwards. The unlocked one is $529. The one for $179 is with a Tmobile data/voice plan.

And yes the screen is wider

No its Locked $179.99 depending on if you have/do no have an existing account with T-Mobile..

Its $529.99 UNLOCKED... You can use any Standard GSM sim card but the 3G may not work (AT&T's 3G does not work on the Nexus Frequency) because the Nexus One runs on the newer 2100/1900 3G frequency..

The screen on the N1 is Wider than that of the Droid... Its diagonally 3.7
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Wow thanks guys ok that make alot more sense and that was the fastest respond I have ever had lol. So now does anyone know how much wider its is from that of the droids. Holy **** 180 I defenetly getting the N1 instead of the droid I want to get it tommorow.

Wow thanks guys ok that make alot more sense and that was the fastest respond I have ever had lol. So now does anyone know how much wider its is from that of the droids. Holy **** 180 I defenetly getting the N1 instead of the droid I want to get it tommorow.

We aim to please around here...and to answer all questions ASAP
    Glad to have you in the community!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

We aim to please around here...and to answer all questions ASAP
    Glad to have you in the community!
    Quickness is our number ONE (Nexus one that is) Priority! May the :nexusx: force be with you!
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

LOL thanks and glad to be a part of the forum now I just need the phone. I was just looking at googles page for confirmation. Now If want to buy the phone tommrow and I dont have an exisiting Tmobile account than does this mean I not eligiable to get it for $180 and will either have to wait when it come out for verizon or buy the $500 N1 which I cant afford lol.

No, you can sign up for a new Tmobile account thru the Google site, if you qualify, and get the $180 price.

can anyone measure their nexus one screen width in milimeters and tell me plz? i wanna know how wide the portrait keyboard is going to be, im a droid owner looking to switch

They're the same size. 3'7 is the measurement of the screen diagnolly.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links