Mobile Defense - The First App every new Nexus One owner should download!

This is a discussion on Mobile Defense - The First App every new Nexus One owner should download! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; https://www.mobiledefense.com/ In my opinion every nexus one owner should get this immediately. Its Free and It allows you to remotely activate your GPS to track ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Defense - The First App every new Nexus One owner should download!

Mobile Defense - The First App every new Nexus One owner should download!

https://www.mobiledefense.com/

In my opinion every nexus one owner should get this immediately. Its Free and It allows you to remotely activate your GPS to track down your phone with google maps if you lose it or it gets stolen. It does not run fully in the background until you turn it on remotly via the website. It also has an option to remotely turn on an alarm so you can find your phone even if you cant see it (in someone elses purse/ lost in a bush etc..) It also alerts you if someone else puts their sim card into your phone and even gives you their number so you can track them down to get your phone. (hint... If someone steals your phone and switches the sim, Call them and tell them that if they give you the phone back you wont file a police report on them) This seems to be the best way to get people to give your phone back.

I tested this on the G1 and it really works great. Hopefully it works as good on the N1!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I WILL be getting this.

My first Ipod Touch was stolen within 3 weeks of getting it..... I thought it was lost in my house, until 3 days later, when someone started setting up new accounts with MY email and information.

I didn't get MobileMe which was a mistake. How much is it for Mobile Defense?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Mobile Defense was free when I tried it a month ago, Probably because it in beta. I assume they will charge people at some point for it but I can say when I tested it with a G1, It felt like a finished product with no bugs I could find. It also does a good job hiding in the phone after install to prevent a would be thief from knowing you are tracking them.

From the site:
    Mobile Defense is in public beta. Please use our support forum to report bugs and suggest new features.

Looks like an excellent product, shame it's not available outside the US just yet. Do you know of any alternatives?

Yeah we also gut much members outside the US in this forums.. more alternatives please ;D But a good idea to use that thing!
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Another option is....

Not just anti-theft, WaveSecure is a security app that protects your phone, data & privacy in the event of loss. Track SIM changes, lock, backup, wipe & restore data. Find your lost phone via a secure site.

Download before 31 Jan for free lifetime subscription.

WaveSecure Mobile Security v3.0.0.43 Application for Android | Tools

I've also contacted the Developer to check on if this is available outside of the US

I expect it is - the subscription charge is made in euros.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHoyle View Post
    I expect it is - the subscription charge is made in euros.
    Ah...Did not notice that. But they are offering a lifetime subscription if you sign up by the end of January.

MD seems a bit glitchy. Not sending alerts, details not being updated, and other than being able to see what phone number is tied to it, I'm not sure I see much else (that I can get to work at least) that "Where's My Droid" can't do.

Plus I'm not sure how much I like a company having my phones info like this. Other programs can do these things in a much more direct and secure way.

I'll play with it some more and give it a chance, but I don't see this beta lasting on my phone for long. Maybe when it gets out of Beta.

EDIT: Disconnected wifi and my alert came through. That and the lock seem to work fine now - both through cell network and on wifi. Seems to use a lot of battery when connected - but if you lost your phone I guess that doesn't matter too much. Will keep testing...
    Rooted Nexus One

I didn't get past the whole needing another phone to register thing - I only have one, and I don't trust my friends enough with my security details. It's probably too complex an app for what I'd be interested in.. something that you can log into a website and remotely lock/find out where it is/etc. would be fine.. all this sms notification stuff I don't need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links