Have you received your Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Have you received your Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Packaging isn't as nice as the iPhone. Not that packaging really matters. Why can't I hit the track ball to turn the phone on? I'm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you received your Nexus One?

Packaging isn't as nice as the iPhone. Not that packaging really matters.

Why can't I hit the track ball to turn the phone on? I'm not a fan of hitting the power button. I'm new so I might figure it out.

Yes, just got it and it's beautiful BUT I've screwed up going through the initial users guide and Locked the SIM CARD with a PIN number and NOW I can't do anything - gives me the option to contact CUSTOMER CARE? or Call an EMERGENCY NO.

I can't use the phone now. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by viewfromtheporch View Post
    Yes, just got it and it's beautiful BUT I've screwed up going through the initial users guide and Locked the SIM CARD with a PIN number and NOW I can't do anything - gives me the option to contact CUSTOMER CARE? or Call an EMERGENCY NO.

I would suggest that you call customer care for them to unlock your sim card so you can use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by viewfromtheporch View Post

Well, how about contacting the customer care? doh..

Thanks, Jeezus - I appreciate your help.

By the way, where did you get the name? ...given your reply, a bit inappropriate isn't it?

Just got mine... It looks Great !!! Waiting for it to charge .... How long does it take anyway, for the light to turn green?

Quote Originally Posted by nexus-two View Post
    Just got mine... It looks Great !!! Waiting for it to charge .... How long does it take anyway, for the light to turn green?
    It was quick. So quick I don't remember how long, sorry ha ha. a coupla hours maybe. Nothing like my electric screwdriver that took SIXTEEN HOURS wth.

Quote Originally Posted by smullins View Post
    Got mine. Beautiful. Quick question when you all get yours...how the heck do you wake it when it goes to sleep. Right now it looks like you have to press the on-off button. That cant be right

I just got my N1 last night, and I was wondering the same thing. It is important to note that the N1 represents a HUGE leap for me; it is my very first smartphone ever, of any kind. My old phone was a Samsung t619. So, I have zero experience with smartphones (to say nothing of Android), and I just didn't know what to expect. There were a few times when the phone kept dimming itself off repeatedly. Touching the screen didn't turn it back on, but pressing the on/off button did.

All in all though, I am very impressed with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorenzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smullins View Post
    Got mine. Beautiful. Quick question when you all get yours...how the heck do you wake it when it goes to sleep. Right now it looks like you have to press the on-off button. That cant be right

I just got my N1 last night, and I was wondering the same thing. It is important to note that the N1 represents a HUGE leap for me; it is my very first smartphone ever, of any kind. My old phone was a Samsung t619. So, I have zero experience with smartphones (to say nothing of Android), and I just didn't know what to expect. There were a few times when the phone kept dimming itself off repeatedly. Touching the screen didn't turn it back on, but pressing the on/off button did.

All in all though, I am very impressed with the phone.
    Yeah my experience is limited like yours but I have two days on ya

The screen is the screen timeout feature. Go to your regular home landing page with the icons. Hit the MENU option on the case of the phone under the screen - 2nd from the left it's like 4 lines vertical.

Select Sound and Display then choose Screen Timeout. And you can select how long you want it on till it times out. That's as far as I've gotten on it. There may be more. lol.

You can download a 350 page Nexus Users Guide that I found to be really helpful. After wasting time guessing on my stuff ha ha.

I ordered my phone the other day around 4:15pm, and yet to see an update saying its being shipped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links