It has arrived

This is a discussion on It has arrived within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NeonMonster There are a few hangups with the phone so far but its the apps themselves. The browser is blazing fast and ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: It has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    There are a few hangups with the phone so far but its the apps themselves. The browser is blazing fast and the resolution is gorgeous!
    How about using the keyboard? Any problems now that we know it's not multi touch?

Impressed on every level

Got mine yesterday and I think Google has a winner here. Have had them all...E71, Blackberrys, G1, MyTouch and finally Hero before this but this phone is out of this world. Usually novelty wears off within minutes of unboxing but this puppy is different. First off....SPEED....don't believe the reviews. This is INSANE fast. If you use google apps for your business, reading and replying t email is instant. Even multiple widgets and feeds through FLYSCREEN just zips right through. After using this I honeslty could NOT go back to my HERO. That phone seems like a dinosaur compared to N1. Secondly, the voice 2 text is frickin wild. I could see never typing a short text again. I have texted 50 friends just because I am still amazed how it works. Thirdly, the size is perfect. The iphone never felt right in my hand and the hero was a bit awkward. The N1 just feels right in the palm of your hand. Fit and finish is perfect. No squeeks on battery door and it is just the right weight. Very similar to Nokia E71 which is probably the best made I have ever laid my hands on before this. No phone is ever perfect but from someone who literally has had and used most, if not all, of the more popular smart phones, the N1 is as close to perfect as you are going to get. Can't really judge battery life quite yet but can tell you that after charging it full once, I am still at 28% and that is after HEAVY USE putting every single nook and cranny through its paces. I used to laugh at people who got excited over a lousy cell phone but this thing is over the top. Guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I got mine today at around 2pm Fedex Delivered! I bought a Motorola CLIQ 10 days ago.. just brought it back to store for refund
    I did the same thing! (I didn't get mine yet, though)

Quote Originally Posted by smullins View Post
    Got mine yesterday and I think Google has a winner here. Have had them all...E71, Blackberrys, G1, MyTouch and finally Hero before this but this phone is out of this world. Usually novelty wears off within minutes of unboxing but this puppy is different. First off....SPEED....don't believe the reviews. This is INSANE fast. If you use google apps for your business, reading and replying t email is instant. Even multiple widgets and feeds through FLYSCREEN just zips right through. After using this I honeslty could NOT go back to my HERO. That phone seems like a dinosaur compared to N1. Secondly, the voice 2 text is frickin wild. I could see never typing a short text again. I have texted 50 friends just because I am still amazed how it works. Thirdly, the size is perfect. The iphone never felt right in my hand and the hero was a bit awkward. The N1 just feels right in the palm of your hand. Fit and finish is perfect. No squeeks on battery door and it is just the right weight. Very similar to Nokia E71 which is probably the best made I have ever laid my hands on before this. No phone is ever perfect but from someone who literally has had and used most, if not all, of the more popular smart phones, the N1 is as close to perfect as you are going to get. Can't really judge battery life quite yet but can tell you that after charging it full once, I am still at 28% and that is after HEAVY USE putting every single nook and cranny through its paces. I used to laugh at people who got excited over a lousy cell phone but this thing is over the top. Guilty as charged.

Great feedback, smullins! Thanks for posting.

If anyone is intersted in posting unpacking photos i would love to see them

*Ah i spoke too soon, very nice packaging. The Droids unpacking was, ...uneventful

:/ ill never get one

@Tigger,

Yes i do love my Droid, and can't wait for 2.1

Being on Verizon ill consider it in the spring :-)

I just picked mine up as well, it's charging

So far I'm loving this phone. I've already filled up the 5 homescreens with apps, so its been running slow if I don't kill alot of the apps every so often.

I thought the trackball was tricolored! So far, I only have seen it flash white! Its a nice white though.....

Oh! Download Dolphin Browser! ITS BLAZING FAST! The multi touch works perfectly, and the interface is customizable. I'm disappointed by the limited games though. I miss my Ipod games!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Use it on BT and you'll see another color. =)
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links