One Question about activating of N1

This is a discussion on One Question about activating of N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm in China. I ordered a N1 and send it to my American friends. And he will bring it to me when he come back. ...

Thread: One Question about activating of N1

One Question about activating of N1

I'm in China. I ordered a N1 and send it to my American friends. And he will bring it to me when he come back. But I wonder if I can use my sim card to activate the N1.
    So does someone know that the condition of activating N1?
    Thank you very much!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would assume you bought the unlocked one. The one that I bought is unlocked. I also wondered about the activation. When I got it, I turned it on and booted right up. I could use the phone as a PDA until I shut it off and put a SIM in it. After turning it on, there was no more configuration necessary to connect to the USA AT&T tower with my same number. I would check the specifications of the phone and see if they support the cellular networks that are available where you are. That would be my only worry about it not working.

you don't have to activate anything

they are all unlocked

you simply plug in your SIM and it will work with your GSM provider

the N1 supports all standard GSM frequencies

Thank you very much. I just can't wait to get my N1

What about network configuration, the phone already have settings of all networks or it does have manual enter of APN, login and password?

There is NO locked version so you aren't screwed.

No, but if you bought the one with the contract you need to activate it with your service plan so that you can't just buy a 'cheap' phone and then not bother with the contract.

You need to put in the carrier settings yourself, or I assume you can get your carrier to send them over the air to you.

The phone has some carrier settings built in... Mine (T mobile UK) was detected and setup without any intervention.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links