Nexus One and VOIP

This is a discussion on Nexus One and VOIP within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This is what I was talking about, but I am not sure if it is available for any phone or just certain ones. T-Mobile Data ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One and VOIP

This is what I was talking about, but I am not sure if it is available for any phone or just certain ones.

T-Mobile Data Only Plan

Quote Originally Posted by killface666 View Post
    Seriously, other than the copy and paste chart that CLAIMS you can get a data only plan, where do you guys see a tmobile data only plan for an adroid head set.

There is BB, WinMo and sidekick ones. Are you guys asking for WinMo sims and putting them in your android phone or what?

Someone steer me to this fabled data only plan.

Hrm, ive searched for it trying to get there and only found links that specifically called out phone OS. Also called a store and they told me it was that way too, though I gues as long as you can click it and order the sim, which it seems like you can, guess it doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by matt212308 View Post
    This is what I was talking about, but I am not sure if it is available for any phone or just certain ones.

T-Mobile Data Only Plan
    I talked to T-Mobile and they said they do not sell this plan for phones. I guess this is just for mobile laptop connectivity.

Is no one concerned that it states you are not allowed to do it, I believe, in the Terms of Use contract. Along with the reasons they would get reimbursed for it.

free voip - use fring form the marketplace (fring- talk, video, chat and interact with Skype, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, SIP, Facebook, Yahoo! and AIM) and skype with wifi connection IT IS FREE NO NEED TO USE ANY PHONE PROVIDER

I didn't see this noted here: Skype for Droid is "Skype Lite" - it uses the cellular connection to get to the Skype server. The iPhone has a real Skype that will work over WiFi, and I hope there will be a similar droid offering soon.

I use fring combined with my skype unlimited plan for $12month... I also have a skype In number... with this combination I have a working line that I can receive calls on and free outgoing voip/wifi calls.

Anywhere with wifi I can make free voip calls anywhere my skype unlimited plan covers me which is i think about 32 countries including here in the States. Going through google voice usually incurs international charges albeit they are cheap.

I even had to prove my theory to myself by inserting a dummy sim card in my phone so no service provider is there and there's no problem when on wifi making calls... confusing but works. Perfect for making overseas calls for $12/month

Hey man if you don't have a Gizmo5 account try Skype. Skype is like .017c per min. Buy Skype credit than use a app called Fring or Nimbuzz and get in and out calls using VOIP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links