A quick question... About plugs...

This is a discussion on A quick question... About plugs... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This is for y'all who have a Nexus, but, don't live in the US. Anyway, on to the question, what is the AC charger like? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A quick question... About plugs...

A quick question... About plugs...

This is for y'all who have a Nexus, but, don't live in the US.

Anyway, on to the question, what is the AC charger like? Does it come with the plug for your country, or, do they just ship the US one?

I really need to know, this is the only thing stopping me from buying this fantastic phone!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Need to know it too
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

I'll leave this to be answered by one who receives an international shipment. Obviously, the one I received in the US as our plugtype. However, the power adapter does support 110V - 240V

ok, it has been answered:

Hi M_Woody,

If you go through the purchase process, and you're in the UK, you'll have the option to add a UK wall-plug on to your order. You can verify before you pay that the additional item is in your shopping cart.

Hope that helps,
    Vicky

You can also load it via USB, right? :P
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

From photos posted elsewhere, you get the US plug with a cheap adaptor for UK sockets!

So, what I'd like to know is did US customers also have to pay $19.99 for a US-type wall charger, or have us UK customers just been ripped off for $20 for something worth about $2?

Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post
    From photos posted elsewhere, you get the US plug with a cheap adaptor for UK sockets!

So, what I'd like to know is did US customers also have to pay $19.99 for a US-type wall charger, or have us UK customers just been ripped off for $20 for something worth about $2?
    please post a link to the pics

Sorry, I can't remember where I saw it. I've been excitedly clicking everything Nexus One-related today.

But basically, they send you a US charger, with a US to UK travel adaptor!

Also bear in mind that since it charges off USB, any of the USB mains adaptors should do it anyway. I kinda regret paying for the charger now, especially since I realised it's USB and therefore my old iPhone charger will do the trick....

Quote Originally Posted by jss1199 View Post
    I'll leave this to be answered by one who receives an international shipment. Obviously, the one I received in the US as our plugtype. However, the power adapter does support 110V - 240V
    I am not sure about those whom received the international shipment, but I have noticed that most A/C adapters for electronics now a days have built in power conversion to support from 100V to 240V (which is what the Phihong PSAA05A-050 adapter made for HTC reads). If you look on your laptop's A/C adapter it is the same story, which as nearly all brands I have come across. All you need is the plug converter.

Can any international recipient confirm what type of A/C adapter plug does it come with if your country's electrical infrastructure is above 200V?

NXS
    Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post
    ... I realised it's USB and therefore my old iPhone charger will do the trick.
    But iPhone isn't the mini-usb on the other end though, don't they have a proprietary connection?
    Happy Nexus One User Since Jan 6, 2010.
    On Amazon: Nexus One Chargers, Sync Cables, Headphones, and Cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links