NexusOneForum.net Speed Test

This is a discussion on NexusOneForum.net Speed Test within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; From mobilespeedtest.com, Dolphin browser, all other Apps closed: 179kbps!? Phone says 3G. Tested @ my apartment, outside, 1.1 miles away from Google HQ. Wow. I ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NexusOneForum.net Speed Test

pitiful (mountain view, ca)

From mobilespeedtest.com, Dolphin browser, all other Apps closed: 179kbps!? Phone says 3G. Tested @ my apartment, outside, 1.1 miles away from Google HQ. Wow. I didn't think it would be this bad. I switched from ATT for this phone.

i get in the 500 kbps all the time..How do you know if your bandwidth speed is capped with t mobile?

Never mined, Google says its part of there 3g issue and working on it. http://bit.ly/clVipe

YXB
    I emailed HTC re: my 3G/Edge connection, and this is what I got from Felica at HTC North America Technical Support.

"Thank you for contacting HTC Google is working on a software fix that should improve some 3G network problems Nexus One owners have reported. "Our engineers have uncovered specific cases for which a software fix should improve connectivity to 3G for some users," said a Google employee named Ivan in a Google Nexus One help forum. "We are testing this fix now, initial results are positive, and if everything progresses as planned, we will provide an over-the-air software update to your phone in the next week or so." However, he cautioned, the fix won't address all 3G issues. "It may be, however, that users are experiencing problems as a result of being on the edge or outside of 3G coverage, which a product fix cannot address," he said. Here is the link I received this information from! A update should be rolled out as of Google prepares 3G fix for Nexus One | Deep Tech - CNET News Thank You, HTC Email Support"

Update:

New Response From [ Felicia (North America Support (Tech)) ]
    Thank you for contacting HTC

I wanted to supply you with a link that states there is a 3g hotfix coming out. There is nothing posted on our HTC website that states this information, I thought you would like to have something to reference!

Please expect an update to this 3g issue first week of February.

Thank You,
    HTC Email Support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

comically bad

I just tested from INSIDE a T-Mobile store in Mountain View. Nexus One shows a full 4 bars of 3G. Result? 162kbps. This phone will be returned if the software update doesn't arrive soon or doesn't fix this. I really like the phone, too.

I did a test here in Hong Kong with HKCSL and my tests were pretty good. Upload and download speeds were pretty close compared to how they came in at in Taiwan. I got into Hong-Kong yesterday and reception here is pretty much at full bars all day long for 3G. This of course with 3G changed to WCDMA only instead of the factor preferred with factory settings.

My download speeds came in at 2663 and upload at 1755. Ping came in at 201 ms. Hong Kong server was used. Sound quality for all calls here was really good compared to my Iphone. Most people could not tell that I was using a cell phone where they were able to do so when I switched over to my Iphone.

I switched over from ATT to TMobile the other day.

Tethering with PDANet
    3G: 975.5 (usually run between 800 and 1000)
    EDGE: 42 (usually run between 50 and 120)

This is in Central Illinois. I've gotten the sweet taste of 3G finally. I like it.
    Rooted Nexus One

I got;

1.32 Mbps
    which means you can download at 169.19 KB/sec. from our servers.

I've been getting these speeds for a while now around Tyson's Corner, VA.
    Not sure why it doesn't choose a closer server though..

Network Type: HSDPA

Quote Originally Posted by tf22 View Post
    I've been getting these speeds for a while now around Tyson's Corner, VA.
    Not sure why it doesn't choose a closer server though..

Network Type: HSDPA

Pretty good numbers.

serious?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links