UK Shipping Confirmation

This is a discussion on UK Shipping Confirmation within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Glen Me too - ordered on the 5th and it's only on the plane now (hopefully). I had no credit card problems ...

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Shipping Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post

Me too - ordered on the 5th and it's only on the plane now (hopefully).

I had no credit card problems and tonight I will be celebrating my one week's anniversary since ordering! Hopefully I will be getting it on Thursday (9 days since ordering).
    So the nice thing is that today I got a survey form... LOVELY hmmm now what should I say about my experience????

The Main problem according to my credit card company regarding cards being delcined is that when Google processed my initial payment they did not perform an address check or pass on the 3 digit CVS code, the guy I spoke to from their fraud department was really helpfull and went on to say that they have had hundreds of such requests that they have no option for fraud protection reasons but to reject the payment.

This conversation was held on Jan 6th so a lot of people must be suffering the same problem, come on google its not rocket science how to make sure you give the card issuers the right information to ensure that your online order process meets your customers expectations :-(

does it take google about 3 working days to actually receive the money or sumn before they ship it?

I ordered mine on the 6th at about 10pm gmt. It seems to be in cincinati airport now so hopefully get in couple more days. I really hope to have for weekend.

I paid 362 (think) on my credit card. I was stupid to get the uk cable. Its a standard USB. I could have went to tesco and got a phone with a charger for less. DHL usually get it too you then invoice you for the tax.

I do like the fact that the phone uses standards(3.5mm earphone jack, micro sd and usb) unlike stupid iphone.

I could not find a 32gb micro sd card anywhere so I went to mymemory co uk and got a 16gb for 27.99 including delivery. Does anwhere do 32gb cards?

I am Soooo excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2 View Post
    I paid 362 (think) on my credit card. I was stupid to get the uk cable. Its a standard USB. I could have went to tesco and got a phone with a charger for less. DHL usually get it too you then invoice you for the tax.

What do you mean, about the standard USB cable? and buying a phone?

Tescos do the Bluechip VX1 phone for 18.99 and its charger fits the nexus one. Its a cool little phone (if you just want phone and txt). You can see phone details here(Blue Chip VX-1 Multi Network Mini Mobile Phone with 100 Number Phone Book).

Basically the Nexus One charger is usb mini B (its a standard). You can pick up a charger for about a 7 or even just get a usb charger and use supplied usb cabble.

usb charger 1.62: [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Mains-USB-Travel-Charger/dp/B000IMW9PY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263311931&sr =8-2]Black Mains USB Travel Charger: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Basically I was stupid to pay $19.99 for something I don't need (I have a usb charger)

Oh I just checked checkout to make sure it was $19.99 and just noticed my phone has moved: 1/12/2010 9:56 am Depart Facility Cincinnati Hub, OH
    Its better than xmas. I can't believe a phone is this interesting. I think importing is more fun than buying in shop. It extends the experience?

Seeing as mine hasnt been sent yet, its like a xmas from hell

This year I got organised and did all my xmas shopping online. All done by the 11th. I was so pissed off as 4 things did not turn up at all. and 2 things turned up after xmas. Shocking! I even paid for the faster deliveries, just to be sure. Next year need to do in November! One nice thing happend though. I bought something onlinc from a small shop and asked the guy if he could send ASAP. He said that Royal mail would not be there for xmas time BUT offered to take by hand(free). He said he would be going almost past the place and could take a little detour. I jokingly said can you pop to the shop and get a printer too. He looked up the price online and said if you paypal me the cash by 4 today then I can pop to shop and drop it to the same address. Now that is customer service?

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    does it take google about 3 working days to actually receive the money or sumn before they ship it?
    I don't think so. I ordered 10pm and got a phone call from fraud department of my credit card company at 9am next day. I think these things are instant now.

I think the 1st few orders would go out super fast. They would have all packed ready to go, just stick on the address label. Then the orders would come in faster until you have the point where it takes 2 days from the point of your order till someone physically handles it.

Its a shame they did not have a stock in the UK(or jersey if they avoiding the tax) ready to go to UK customers.

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links