N1 Porting

This is a discussion on N1 Porting within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Here's my predicament. My plan's ATT biling cycle ends tomorrow. If I cancel at the end of the cycle, will I still be able to ...

Thread: N1 Porting

Question N1 Porting

Here's my predicament. My plan's ATT biling cycle ends tomorrow. If I cancel at the end of the cycle, will I still be able to port my number over to the N1 if it arrives after I have already cancelled the ATT plan?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jlubs View Post
    Here's my predicament. My plan's ATT biling cycle ends tomorrow. If I cancel at the end of the cycle, will I still be able to port my number over to the N1 if it arrives after I have already cancelled the ATT plan?
    Why not use your N1 on AT&T until your contract expires. You can simply move your SIM card into the N1. You'll get EDGE data instead of 3G but you can then port at your leisure.

I would like to get the subsidized version. I wouldn't be able to use the ATT sim from my iPhone would I?
    Or, would I be able to port the ATT number to N1 after its already been cancelled.

I would like to get the subsidized version. I wouldn't be able to use the ATT sim from my iPhone would I?
    Or, would I be able to port the ATT number to N1 after its already been cancelled.
    You give up all of your rights to your number when you cancel. Unless you are very lucky, you will never get it back. The number is returned to the big AT&T pool to be given to another customer.

If you want to port, you will need to request that of T-Mobile before you cancel. Typically AT&T will return the prorated monthly charge. You WILL probably pay for 2 phone lines for a few days.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Why not use your N1 on AT&T until your contract expires. You can simply move your SIM card into the N1. You'll get EDGE data instead of 3G but you can then port at your leisure.
    Order your phone, and when you get shipping confirmation, you can activate your phone and port before it arrives. Just make sure that you call tmobile to afterwards to make sure the port went through. You may be without a phone until your nexus arrives.

Right now, both my droid (ported the number to tmobile) and tmobile phone works. Just make sure that once the port is complete, you call ATT to cancel also.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links