3, T Mobile and Vodafone in UK!

This is a discussion on 3, T Mobile and Vodafone in UK! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just incase any of you UK users haven't seen this news tonight. 3 and T-Mobile to stock Nexus One - Mobile News Still think i'll ...

Thread: 3, T Mobile and Vodafone in UK!

3, T Mobile and Vodafone in UK!

Just incase any of you UK users haven't seen this news tonight.

3 and T-Mobile to stock Nexus One - Mobile News

Still think i'll get the unlocked version and stick a 15 1 month unlimited internet and text contract sim only in it.

Can't see the point of tying myself into an 18 month contract because they won't subsidize the handset that much to make it worthwhile.

What's everyone else thinking of doing?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same here. 18 months is way too long to be stuck on the same phone.

Agreed - I ordered one yesterday, SIM free obviously. My current contract expires in a couple of weeks so I'm looking to switch.

Been looking around for deal (data heavy, text and voice not so much). Cheapest I can find for unlimited internet is in the 20 ballpark.

I'm with O2 at the moment (iPhone) but I believe Vodafone's 3g network is more reliable and all other things being equal (decent signal primarily I suppose) is faster than the other networks. Anyone have a view on this?

Take a look at 3's 15 sim only. Unlimited text and internet with 300 minutes voice.
    3 Store - SIM Only

My contract ends in 20 days with them and that's what i'm switching to.

Never had a problem with their coverage and according to Ofcom it's the biggest 3G network in the country.

You didn't suffer the o2 network crashing in London so you couldn't use your iphone did you pmjoyce?

It very much depends on where you are. Tmobile and 3 are good here.. O2 is virtually nonexistent.

You can usually get 'unlimited' internet thrown in a sim only deal at around the 20 mark (although watch the T&C because providers often have a very strange definition of 'unlimited').

Found a list here: http://www.simonlycontracts.co.uk/si...ata-deals.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gash View Post
    You didn't suffer the o2 network crashing in London so you couldn't use your iphone did you pmjoyce?
    Yup, and generally not overly impressed with the speed and reliability of the O2 experience so far. Their home broadband is great, mobile broadband less so.

Cheers for the advice guys.

See the thing is i don't have 330 to splash out on a phone but i've been on contract with 3 mobile for about 4 years now running, so i'll be able to get a cheaper contract, i think i'll go for the 18 month contract. And then i'll keep it because if i get bored of it eventually after 12 months i can sell it (i keep phones in mint condition) and then buy another phone for less.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links