Insurance for your N1?

This is a discussion on Insurance for your N1? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Apogee Squaretrade.com will insure and replace the phone. But there are some catches. * Only pays out $399 * $50 deductible * ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurance for your N1?

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
    Squaretrade.com will insure and replace the phone. But there are some catches.

* Only pays out $399
    * $50 deductible
    * Does not cover loss or theft

So basically you would be into a replacement Nexus one for $181.

Not such a good deal if you ask me.
    You forgot to add the cost of the insurance --- $76.80 for 24 month coverage

So cost for new Nexus One would be approx $257.00

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
    Squaretrade.com will insure and replace the phone. But there are some catches.

* Only pays out $399
    * $50 deductible
    * Does not cover loss or theft

So basically you would be into a replacement Nexus one for $181.

Not such a good deal if you ask me.
    You forgot to add the cost of the insurance --- $76.80 for 24 month coverage

So cost for new Nexus One would be approx $257.00
    Yeah major fail. We need proper insurance on this device Google!! I'm looking into covering it under a renters insurance policy. We'll see.

UPDATE: They do offer insurance now. It's an option on Asurion's website. Select Google as the manufacturer and Nexus One as the phone. The insurance is $4.79/month and the deductible is $130.

T-Mobile Program Information

I added it back to my account.

I sent google an email, I suggest everyone else do the same.
    Doesn't Apple replace the iPhone in the case of loss or theft?
    Seems like Google should at least match that.

Nexus One Insurance

Insurance2go can insure the Nexus One for customers that are residents of the UK.

Mobile Phone Insurance, Cheap Mobile Insurance Cover (UK) from Insurance2go : B2B

Ok here's a little info for those still wondering what happens if you break your phone but have Asurion insurance through Tmobile...

It was my birthday and I had all my friend come out. I got home and drop my beloved phone. I figure I'm good I got insurance... I call Asurion and talk to someone in India that puts me on hold for about 20 minutes. Not continually mind you, she would come back and get some information and then put me on hold again. Then they tell me that I have filed a claim but there is no comparable model and the Nexus One is back ordered. I keep trying to get an ETA but she doesn't understand and she continually puts me on hold. An hour later I go to sleep.

The next business day I call Asurion and I end up talking to someone who speaks english very well and she answers all my questions. However none of them are the ones I'm seeking. First I ask how muchlonger will I have to wait for a replacement. She answers possibly 3-7 days or more. Then I ask how much and she says $130. I don't mind paying and I don't mind the runaround. What I do mind is having PHP for the last year and a half and I can't even get a replacement Nexus One. So I'm back to my Cliq and I'm not happy about it.

If anyone knows where I can get a replacement screen for the N1 let me know because I've been waiting for three days and I haven't heard anything yet.

Sorry for the rant and I know the phone is fairly new but I just want my N1 to work again. It was so nice it convinced a few of my office mates to switch from iPhones to the N1. :P
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

I'm confused. Are they going to give you an N1 after a delay, or did they give you the Cliq?

I am going to get another N1. I have several phones at any given time, I also own a G1 and a Cliq... but the N1 is possibly the best phone I've ever owned.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links