Several Options (which should I take)

This is a discussion on Several Options (which should I take) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I really really really REALLY want a Nexus One phone. There are a few different ways I can get this phone. I would like to ...

Thread: Several Options (which should I take)

Several Options (which should I take)

I really really really REALLY want a Nexus One phone.
    There are a few different ways I can get this phone. I would like to know which one you would most recommend.

I currently am on a Verizon voice+text plan on a crap phone.
    My 2-year plan ends in late March, I believe.

I could:
    Terminate my contract and pay a large fee and switch to T-Mobile.
    Wait for my contract to end and switch to T-Mobile.
    Wait for my contract to end AND wait for Verizon model to come out.

I have EDGE T-Mobile service in my town but no 3G, but I am going to college in Pittsburgh (which has full T-Mobile 3G everywhere) for the next 4 (or 5) years starting in Fall of 2010.
    I have full 3G service for Verizon in my home town and in Pittsburgh (and basically everywhere in the United States).

I thought T-Mobile (7.2 Mbps) had faster 3G than Verizon but I read today that Verizon has a speed 8.1Mbps for 3G (can anyone confirm?)

So, How terrible is EDGE? Is it worth not being able to use 3G until the Fall? Is it worth switching service providers? Should I just suck it up and wait?

Also, my parents will (hopefully) pay for unlimited data on either carrier (they want me to stay with Verizon for some reason even though I keep telling them that T-Mobile is MUCH cheaper)
    Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

bmo
    if i were you I'd wait till the spring and see if they drop a combo GSM/CDMA handset, then pick that up. far as networks, prolly verizon would be fine. You seem to have no compelling reason to do something now, at the very least wait till your contract is up.

also, this will no longer be the hottest phone out there in fall 10. if you believe your phone affects your ability to pull bi***es freshman year, prolly consider waiting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    if i were you I'd wait till the spring and see if they drop a combo GSM/CDMA handset, then pick that up. far as networks, prolly verizon would be fine. You seem to have no compelling reason to do something now, at the very least wait till your contract is up.

also, this will no longer be the hottest phone out there in fall 10. if you believe your phone affects your ability to pull bi***es freshman year, prolly consider waiting a bit.
    Thanks for the advice

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links