Think T-Mo store can help?

This is a discussion on Think T-Mo store can help? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm so confused about what to do. I would like to get a Nexus One but currently have a family plan with 700 minutes, and ...

Thread: Think T-Mo store can help?

Think T-Mo store can help?

I'm so confused about what to do. I would like to get a Nexus One but currently have a family plan with 700 minutes, and blackberry unlimited data for $19.99. The only way to buy this phone with a subsidy is to get an individual plan when you order!

Yet some here are saying they can upgrade to a family plan even with the subsidy. Ugh..

I'd rather not pay for an unlocked phone but maybe that's what I have to do to stay on a family plan?

Think if I went into a T-Mo store they could help me figure this out? Or will they not help me since they aren't selling the phone themselves.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle999 View Post
    I'm so confused about what to do. I would like to get a Nexus One but currently have a family plan with 700 minutes, and blackberry unlimited data for $19.99. The only way to buy this phone with a subsidy is to get an individual plan when you order!

Yet some here are saying they can upgrade to a family plan even with the subsidy. Ugh..

I'd rather not pay for an unlocked phone but maybe that's what I have to do to stay on a family plan?

Think if I went into a T-Mo store they could help me figure this out? Or will they not help me since they aren't selling the phone themselves.
    The customer service reps that I spoke with were not too clear about whether or not a subsidy would be included. One woman told me that you would have to get the unlimited data separately. I made three calls, and the customer reps really did not have a clue. What I would do is call T-Mobile up and ask to speak to a manager about this. We went to a T-Mo store and they didn't really know what kind of plan you would have to get.

What we ended up doing is my husband bought the phone and got the subsidy. He did not have a contract with T-Mobile or any other company for that matter. He didn't use a cellphone. I have a contract with T-Mobile that ends in ten days. I called and the customer rep told me that I could get 500 minutes for $29.99 no frills or new phone. My husband is going to use my phone and I will get the new one. We are going to port our landline number to the new phone, so I won't have to go through too much of the mess that involves a new number.

Read this FAQ on the T-Mobile Nexus One Forum: Nexus One FAQ - T-Mobile Community

Contents:

Purchase Questions
    Can I purchase the Nexus One on my.t-mobile.com or t-mobile.com?
    Am I able to purchase the Nexus One without a contract?
    If I buy the Nexus One full price will it work with my existing plan?
    Is PHP(Premium Handset Protection) available for the Nexus One?
    Is EIP(Equipment Installment Plan) available for purchase of the phone?
    General Help with Ordering your Nexus One

Billing Questions
    What data/voice plans will be available as part of the Google purchase experience?
    Why canít family plans and Flex Pay customers purchase at a discounted price?
    Why am I seeing different upgrade pricing for existing customers?
    Can I change from Even More Rate Plan to an Even More Plus Rate Plan?
    If I choose the Nexus One plan, can I change it to another Even More plan?

Troubleshooting/General Information about the Nexus One
    Nexus One Specifications
    Troubleshooting/General How-To's
    User Guide for the Nexus One

After reading that T-mobile link , it looks better to use the NX1 with ATT instead of Tmo, no gimmicks , no headachs , put the sim into the phone , no need to even call ATT people , T-mobile are doing it wrong !!
    What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by dida View Post
    After reading that T-mobile link , it looks better to use the NX1 with ATT instead of Tmo, no gimmicks , no headachs , put the sim into the phone , no need to even call ATT people , T-mobile are doing it wrong !!
    What do you all think?
    You can do that, but you will have to buy it under the unsubsidized price. If you do that, then might as well hook up with Tmobile and get the perk of having 3G. Otherwise, no matter what option you choose, Google will have your money :-D
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Can I remove Text + Web and use the device as a phone only?

1. No, existing rules apply. Customers must subscribe to a Data Feature
    2. If you were eligible and received a handset discount btu removed the Data Feature, Google may charge your Google Checkout Account (method of payment) for the handset discount that was applied at purchase.

What if I wanted to just remove text? I'd still have a data feature wouldn't I?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links