Visual Voicemail?

This is a discussion on Visual Voicemail? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yeah, I called - he put me on hold and called someone else, and 5 minutes later I was good to go....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual Voicemail?

Yeah, I called - he put me on hold and called someone else, and 5 minutes later I was good to go.

Thanks for the info on this.

It seems we get Google Voice with it... but Google Voice site says it's only available in the US, though I don't know whether that's for the standard service rather than the Nexus One service...

So can UK Nexus One users access Google Voice? Anyone tried to set it up?

We got a Google Voice application - which I already had an account for. Someone will have to confirm that having the app entitles them to an account if they don't already have one.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
    JUST GOT IT WORKING!!

You have to call in.

* Download the app and install it
    * Call T-Mobile
    * The rep can't add it automatically via the account features list -- it will error out
    * The rep has to first manually update your IMEI number (of which you need to read from the back of your box)
    * Then the rep has to wait for that to update (took several minutes)
    * Then the rep has to go back to the features list and then add visual voicemail manually

Good luck!!
    Going to make this a How-To item.

On my nexus one, I have the gmail account and downloaded the google voice program from the market. When I opened the voice program it recognized my gmail, made a voice account, and imported my phone number. The n1 then asked me which voicemail I wanted to use google voice or the carrier. I tested it, and it works. Just put the icon for voice next to your gmail icon

So I don't need to get an invite to GV?? It comes with the N1 as a benefit? Awesome!

I don't think it's the full GV account with a number and everything, I installed and and am using it with my own number for the visual voicemail.

I cant seem to get the Tmobile Visual Voicemail app. Can't find it on the market, but i have yet to see a paid app either so (Paid for Touchdown etc)
    So my market is missing apps, can anyone forward me to a fix for that?
    I am on an unlocked N1 on Tmo

For anyone having trouble with visual voicemail, the easiest option is to go on to your mytmobile.com account and change your device to the MyTouch 3G. This will open up features that were not there before. Go into your plans and services and add visual voicemail (Free) to your account. That's all I did and it works fine. Of course you need to have the app installed to actually see visual voicemail on your phone.

I called 611 first and of course I got some incompetent CSR that didn't know who a** from a hole in the ground :rofl3:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links