Visual Voicemail?

This is a discussion on Visual Voicemail? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had just gotten a GVoice invite a few days before buying the N1 and I think the integration with the phone so far has ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual Voicemail?

I had just gotten a GVoice invite a few days before buying the N1 and I think the integration with the phone so far has been stellar. It's everything I'd want out of visual voicemail plus the transcribing (or an attempt at it if you've been drunk dialed). I have no intentions of even touching the T-Mobile app.

Only reason i would be hesitant to use google voice is that it uses minutes to forward calls to the service.

I just got it fixed on my phone.

I have called them 6 times and this time I got a lady with her head in the right place.

I told her that it will not be able to automatically be added and she needed to update the IMEI number. I then told her to wait on the line for a bit so it can update. (we had a humorous conversation about her son) then voila, it was able to be manually added to my account and now it works great.

The lesson here is, be persistent. I spoke with 5 people previously about this and eveybody said it was added when it wasn't. Just keep trying and good luck!

still cant get the app from the Android market myself though.

Solved by getting a new SIM card, old SIM card apparently just wasnt up to snuff, all problems solved

Even though the app and my account are setup properly I am still receiving regular voicemail notifications not the visual voicemail notifications. Nor is the app pulling down the voicemails. Anyone else?

Google Voice :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ADWulf View Post
    Solved by getting a new SIM card, old SIM card apparently just wasnt up to snuff, all problems solved
    Do you still need to download the app, or the new SIM card takes care of this?

Update! It works now. I got a text from T-Mobile saying the feature I added was now completed and it works!

BTW dmlmcgt's tip (http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n....html#post4003) about setting your phone to be a MyTouch works too!

Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    I just got it fixed on my phone.

I have called them 6 times and this time I got a lady with her head in the right place.

I told her that it will not be able to automatically be added and she needed to update the IMEI number. I then told her to wait on the line for a bit so it can update. (we had a humorous conversation about her son) then voila, it was able to be manually added to my account and now it works great.

The lesson here is, be persistent. I spoke with 5 people previously about this and eveybody said it was added when it wasn't. Just keep trying and good luck!
    This is the 3rd or so time I've heard this and I just gotta know. What is this IMEI number and what is it's primary function?

Coming from Sprint so this is my first phone with a SIM card, so maybe there's a little something I'm missing. I haven't spoken with Customer Service about any such number, I just got my SIM from the T-Mobile store with my old number ported over on it and popped it in once the phone arrived.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links