Visual Voicemail?

This is a discussion on Visual Voicemail? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jrl022 This is the 3rd or so time I've heard this and I just gotta know. What is this IMEI number and ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Visual Voicemail?

NXS
    Quote Originally Posted by jrl022 View Post
    This is the 3rd or so time I've heard this and I just gotta know. What is this IMEI number and what is it's primary function?
    The IMEI is the International Mobile Equipment Identifier. It's a number assigned to mobile devices (such as phones, air cards, GOBI Cards, etc) that uniquely identify them to the carrier. If you're interested, you can read more about it here: International Mobile Equipment Identity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Happy Nexus One User Since Jan 6, 2010.
    On Amazon: Nexus One Chargers, Sync Cables, Headphones, and Cases.

Anyone know of a way to enable O2's visual voicemail on the Nexus One? I have an iPhone SIM so it should be on the account.

I don't like Google Voice much, takes to long to forward the calls and I've a feeling it'll cost me international forwarding rates!

Quote Originally Posted by dmlmcgt View Post
    For anyone having trouble with visual voicemail, the easiest option is to go on to your mytmobile.com account and change your device to the MyTouch 3G. This will open up features that were not there before. Go into your plans and services and add visual voicemail (Free) to your account. That's all I did and it works fine. Of course you need to have the app installed to actually see visual voicemail on your phone.

I called 611 first and of course I got some incompetent CSR that didn't know who a** from a hole in the ground :rofl3:
    I hate calling CS! This worked perfectly. Now all I need is a voicemail to test this thing out.

So I call I add it BUT I can't find this app in the android market no matter what,
    please help me find it

Thank you all in advanced.

Update..
    G O T I T

If anyone in the UK is looking for visual voicemail capability, I just signed up with HulloMail and they seem to be excellent so far - including some brilliant customer service when I had a query.

The app is available in the marketplace, and they even forward each voicemail to your email account as an MP3. Useful for checking voicemail when abroad, so you don't pay roaming costs!

Quote Originally Posted by dmlmcgt View Post
    For anyone having trouble with visual voicemail, the easiest option is to go on to your mytmobile.com account and change your device to the MyTouch 3G. This will open up features that were not there before. Go into your plans and services and add visual voicemail (Free) to your account. That's all I did and it works fine. Of course you need to have the app installed to actually see visual voicemail on your phone.

I called 611 first and of course I got some incompetent CSR that didn't know who a** from a hole in the ground :rofl3:
    Can't seem to get this working..

When I change my phone to the myTouch 3G and go to "plans and services" to add the visual voicemail setting, a window pops up saying I have to upgrade my internet to the $20/month plan, says its "required"..

I'm on the 5.99 T-Zones plan and I'm getting unlimited 3G, same as this guy here: (is anyone using Nexus with Tzones data - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum)

Anyone got any ideas? Are there any other phones I can add to my account that DONT require an upgraded internet plan that will still allow me to add the visual voicemail option online?

I switched to from T-Mo visual voice to Google Voice. More features. I like choosing to get a recording via email or text and contol of the notifications or any combination. The T-Mo version was buggy.

I don't mind the minute or two each month off my talk time for the forwarding. The only downside I can see is that if I'm in another country with international roaming turned on, even if I don't answer the call I'll be billed due to the forwarding. Just have to remember to turn it off on those occasions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links