Visual Voicemail?

This is a discussion on Visual Voicemail? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there a tmobile version of this? I'd rather not go back to dialing a voicemail number again....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual Voicemail?

Visual Voicemail?

Is there a tmobile version of this? I'd rather not go back to dialing a voicemail number again.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The only one I've seen is Google Voice. Right now that's invitation only. (unless it's changed with the N1s release) I just got mine a few days ago so don't think I even have invites or I'd help ya. Check the voice invite thread.
    Rooted Nexus One

Actually I figured it out - somewhat anyhow.

There's an app for the phone for visual voicemail - it's supposedly free with our data package, however when I attempted to enable it via the web page, it failed and suggested I call to do so. I'll report back when I get a chance to call in.

"T-Mobile Visual Voice" it's in the market, listed under "T-Mobile Top Picks".

Quote Originally Posted by Keiran View Post

There's an app for the phone for visual voicemail - it's supposedly free with our data package, however when I attempted to enable it via the web page, it failed and suggested I call to do so. I'll report back when I get a chance to call in.

PM sent.Was wondering if you needed a Google Voice invite ?

I have had a gv account for a long time but have never given it an honest test. Maybe I should giveit a go.

Google Voice is built into the phone... and from what the manual says, you can choose which features you want to use...

Quote Originally Posted by User's Guide
    The first time you open Google Voice, a setup wizard helps you to select which Google Voice features to use with your phone and then to configure the features that you selected.

After the initial setup, Google Voice opens to the last screen you were viewing or, if you have not used Google Voice recently, the contents of your Inbox are displayed.
    So if you only want to use the voice mail portion without using a Google Voice phone number, it seems you can.... Will check tomorrow when I get my hands on my own phone.

Page 149 of the User's Guide... link in signature.

Here's is a Google Voice video demo found on the official YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleNe.../4/NBTuOYPwtss

Quote Originally Posted by Keiran View Post

Any luck getting it to activate? I am having the same problem.

NXS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    The only one I've seen is Google Voice. Right now that's invitation only. (unless it's changed with the N1s release) I just got mine a few days ago so don't think I even have invites or I'd help ya. Check the voice invite thread.
    Check out my post here, I think we are getting GV with the N1:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...one-maybe.html
    Happy Nexus One User Since Jan 6, 2010.
    On Amazon: Nexus One Chargers, Sync Cables, Headphones, and Cases.

JUST GOT IT WORKING!!

You have to call in.

* Download the app and install it
    * Call T-Mobile
    * The rep can't add it automatically via the account features list -- it will error out
    * The rep has to first manually update your IMEI number (of which you need to read from the back of your box)
    * Then the rep has to wait for that to update (took several minutes)
    * Then the rep has to go back to the features list and then add visual voicemail manually

Good luck!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links