what point of an unlocked phone?

This is a discussion on what point of an unlocked phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; as a person moving from ATT/iphone, why get an unlocked N1 phone? - is it true that getting the subsidized phone is also an unlocked ...

Thread: what point of an unlocked phone?

what point of an unlocked phone?

as a person moving from ATT/iphone, why get an unlocked N1 phone?

- is it true that getting the subsidized phone is also an unlocked phone?
    - for new users to tmobile, dont they require you to get a voice and data plan? afik, they dont sell data only plans to N1, only to BB.
    - there is no true native VOIP for inbound/outbound calls (yet, unless you have GV and Gizmo or use siproid/sipgate/sip whatever).
    - if i get an unlocked phone and have to get the voice/data plan, and in 3 months time google release true VOIP using GV, would i be able to cancel my voice plan while keeping my data plan? what if i get the subsidized plan? im guessing i cant cancel my voice plan with that.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by killerasp View Post
    as a person moving from ATT/iphone, why get an unlocked N1 phone?
    T-Mobile offers cheaper plans for unsubsidized phones which will be cheaper overall for the 2 year contract period.

- is it true that getting the subsidized phone is also an unlocked phone?
    Yes - use it on any compatible GSM network -- no 3G on AT&T in US, but works with Edge. You will need to get and pay for the phone plan from T-Mobile during contract period with subsidized phones. Insert other SIM card for other networks.

- for new users to tmobile, dont they require you to get a voice and data plan? afik, they dont sell data only plans to N1, only to BB.
    Read this Nexus One FAQ - T-Mobile Community

- there is no true native VOIP for inbound/outbound calls (yet, unless you have GV and Gizmo or use siproid/sipgate/sip whatever).
    I believe - Yes

- if i get an unlocked phone and have to get the voice/data plan, and in 3 months time google release true VOIP using GV, would i be able to cancel my voice plan while keeping my data plan? what if i get the subsidized plan? im guessing i cant cancel my voice plan with that.
    Read this Nexus One FAQ - T-Mobile Community

How much does 3g data plan cost for T-Mobile anyway?

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    How much does 3g data plan cost for T-Mobile anyway?
    Unsupported Browser

when you add that plan to the cart , it asks you the phone , simply chose a tmobile Free sim card instead:
    Unsupported Browser

and check out.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links