Another pricing question - new tmobile family

This is a discussion on Another pricing question - new tmobile family within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, I have another pricing question to hear your opinion about. I am moving out of verizon and want to get N1 for me ...

Thread: Another pricing question - new tmobile family

Another pricing question - new tmobile family

Hi All,

I have another pricing question to hear your opinion about.
    I am moving out of verizon and want to get N1 for me and the simplest plan for my wife (already have an unlocked gsm phone for her).

I just talked with a Tmobile rep on chat and she told me that i can
    * order the subsidized phone thru google
    * open another individual account for my wife
    * then go to the store and merge them together and get a 750min plan for both phones.
    * From what she said it will be $59.99 + 10 + 30 = 99.99 for two lines one nexus one with unlim. txt and data and another line without any text or data.

Does this sound like it will work or are they going to make me keep to individual lines?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    The 2nd phone will never use texts or data? Sounds kind of limited.

That sounds right. I asked TMobile today on their customer service chat about porting 2 numbers over from other carriers and they said that I could port them over as two seperate accounts and then merge the two after the nexusone is activated. They also told me that there would be no additional charges (no ETF or migration charges). I would verify this with a Tmobile store though because some people are being told very different things by the customer service reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The 2nd phone will never use texts or data? Sounds kind of limited.
    My wife only need minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That sounds right. I asked TMobile today on their customer service chat about porting 2 numbers over from other carriers and they said that I could port them over as two seperate accounts and then merge the two after the nexusone is activated. They also told me that there would be no additional charges (no ETF or migration charges). I would verify this with a Tmobile store though because some people are being told very different things by the customer service reps.
    Do you guys know if I can buy the nexus one with a new number and only after a few weeks port my old number from verizon?
    Tmobile CSR said it is possible, hope they are correct on this.

Quote Originally Posted by wuli View Post

Do you guys know if I can buy the nexus one with a new number and only after a few weeks port my old number from verizon?
    Tmobile CSR said it is possible, hope they are correct on this.
    I've never heard of this... to me that would mean you are closing an account since every phone number is an individual line. If you were to go on a family line and keep the number you got when you bought the nexus one and just ported your old number into the family plan that might work. But I'm pretty sure that trying to port your old number to replace your new number wont work. I could be wrong though, I'm not very familiar with T-Mobile's rules.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links