I no longer love my iPhone

This is a discussion on I no longer love my iPhone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jbarrack The display is the nicest feature but also the biggest draw-back since it takes up 50%+ of my power usage. Any ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I no longer love my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    The display is the nicest feature but also the biggest draw-back since it takes up 50%+ of my power usage. Any ideas how to cut that back. Don't say not use the screen.
    All you can do is not use animated background and set the brightness to the lowest seting.

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

My n1 was getting real hot. I turned off the live wallpaper and that fixed the heat up issue and it is bit more responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    The display is the nicest feature but also the biggest draw-back since it takes up 50%+ of my power usage. Any ideas how to cut that back. Don't say not use the screen.
    All you can do is not use animated background and set the brightness to the lowest seting.
    Quote Originally Posted by whsnext View Post
    My n1 was getting real hot. I turned off the live wallpaper and that fixed the heat up issue and it is bit more responsive.
    Yeah I am going to try that. It does say that live wallpapers only takes up around 5% of my battery usage and my brightness is at about 35-40%. I guess Ill just have to play around with it and find out!

So is it safe to assume that the live wallpapers can increase response time of the phone because the graphics usage will be less?

I think so. I had a similar problem when i was running video wallpaper on my iphone.

I do notice a speed difference now that I changed my wallpaper to a single picture.

I sold my iPhone too. No regrets so far

Quote Originally Posted by jack2k5 View Post
    Me too.... Android is so cool.. my wife is definitely getting my iPhone 3GS now.. ha

One thing about the screen though, it gets fingerprints so easily... ahh...
    phantom skinz is the answer, and they were doing a 2 for one when i ordered mine, easy to apply and really cuts down on the fingerprints!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links