Uk Nexus have multitouch?

This is a discussion on Uk Nexus have multitouch? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; According to Engadget the european spec nexus has multitouch!! Surprise, surprise: HTC's Euro-spec Nexus One does multitouch -- Engadget Can anyone one confirm this or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uk Nexus have multitouch?

Uk Nexus have multitouch?

According to Engadget the european spec nexus has multitouch!!

Surprise, surprise: HTC's Euro-spec Nexus One does multitouch -- Engadget

Can anyone one confirm this or have those of us who have got the phone from the Google got US spec phones?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm sensing a N1 update very soon. =)
    Rooted Nexus One

ha sweet!!! I love the EU. Def waiting for the euro version now. Only a few months

They wrote that the one HTC showed them had multitouch enabled. They also write that apples patent could be the reason it is not enabled in the US.

It's on the OS - cyanogen has said he's already built a version with it in the browser (which is probably the same process as other android versions).

I'd be surprised if the apps are different between the US and EU versions.

Had an a response on the google mobile help forum from a google employee

Hi Sned,
    Just for clarification, the Nexus One that's being shipped to the UK is the same one that's being shipped around the US, and that phone doesn't currently support multitouch.

Hope that helps,
    Vicky

Its a bit annoying really, i know that multitouch will be available via root but for people who wont rist it or dont know how, they wont have either navigation or touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sned View Post
    Its a bit annoying really, i know that multitouch will be available via root but for people who wont rist it or dont know how, they wont have either navigation or touch.
    You can just download Dolphin if you want a multitouch browser..

TBH though as someone that's owned an iphone since the 2G was released I've used the pinch thing about 3 times... feels totally unnatural to me.

The real question would be is that, is keyboard on the UK version of Nexus One also multi touch? IMO pinch zoom is ok and all but not essential, but for typing purposes, I think this would be very important.

Not sure how multitouch could affect a keyboard.. a phone is too small to type with both hands anyway (and you're normally holding it with one). I certainly never had any problems at all with the G1 keyboard (indeed it was better because it didn't have the iphones annoying habit of overwriting the word you just typed with something misspelled or completely different).

I believe you can increase your typing speed a good 50% with swype but I've never tried it (comes under the category of 'nice but unnecessary' for me).

all current 2.0 and above including the Nexus One have multitouch enabled. But Google doesn't implement that into their own apps. 3rd party apps in the market can include multitouch and some of them do like Picsay. If Cyanogen changes the browser, maps, and gallery to support multitouch there isn't going to be a difference between the US and UK versions. i hope I made myself creal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links