Nexus vs Droid

This is a discussion on Nexus vs Droid within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; That is one of the points that sticks out to me, Miami. We still don't know if this exact phone will go to the other ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus vs Droid

That is one of the points that sticks out to me, Miami. We still don't know if this exact phone will go to the other providers, or if they'll all be 'variants'. If, indeed, they're all variants, then I'm not sure what Google intended with the N1.

Keep in mind that I say that as someone who LOVES the N1. But if every carrier gets a different 'version' of the SuperPhone, what is Google's role? What purpose did they serve by bringing out their 'own' version? As someone who's been on AT&T forever, this question, and the one of 'variants' certainly interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    That is one of the points that sticks out to me, Miami. We still don't know if this exact phone will go to the other providers, or if they'll all be 'variants'. If, indeed, they're all variants, then I'm not sure what Google intended with the N1.

Keep in mind that I say that as someone who LOVES the N1. But if every carrier gets a different 'version' of the SuperPhone, what is Google's role? What purpose did they serve by bringing out their 'own' version? As someone who's been on AT&T forever, this question, and the one of 'variants' certainly interests me.

Simply the Nexus/Passion? Dragon what ever they want to call it. I got to play for a few minutes today side by side. Both were good. Both did thier job. Nexus and the live wall papers was cool. Droid will run that soon enough (I didn't root). I agree there is going to be a variabe but I think google's place is selling it unlocked.

Now when VZW gets it. I may add a third line (which you know)I have looked at T-Mobile so I could have both now . I don't want to spend another $60 a month for it though.

So you've seen the Passsion? Is it exactly the same as the N1? If not, what are the differences?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    So you've seen the Passsion? Is it exactly the same as the N1? If not, what are the differences?

Soo=rry it was an N1...my understanding is they are the same device...

Gotcha. Thx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links