Nexus One, engraving error

This is a discussion on Nexus One, engraving error within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have a problem with the engraving my new Nexus One phone. I used the Arial font, and some extended characters which seemed to take ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One, engraving error

Nexus One, engraving error

I have a problem with the engraving my new Nexus One phone. I used the Arial font, and some extended characters which seemed to take fine in their form and image preview. Google's preview looked fine, as did their email confirmation...So I figured I was good. Here is the preview image and then the ACTUAL engraving:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

wheres the actual picture?

I want to see the picture too! And no offense.. but why the funky characters? That would be the last thing I'd try to do when getting something engraved.

The image is a bit blurry but only the "J" and "H" are normal letters, the others were special characters which printed as upside down question marks

wow ya i would def contact google!

Yeah it may display fine on your PC because your PC supports those unicode characters, but their routing machine or whatever it they use to engrave may be set up to accept english characters only. Kind of surprising that they didn't contact you and say "hey this can't be done" though. Seems kind of un-google-ish.

I just wanted my name "Joshua" to look cool on the back....

٥ﻝĥ =[

That's a bummer.. Maybe they can do something for ya?

Ouch !! That would have certainly looked nice, I mean I totally understand why you would opt for a different font, coz even I was stuck with trying to decide what to engrave.....putting my name just like that would look very i dont know normal ? I eventually opted for my nickname. But you should contact Google right away man, and if your unable to get a reply, because of the automated reponse ****, then email directly to android-support@google.com , I did and finally a HUMAN answered an issue I had.

Good luck ! and well congratulations anyway on getting your Nexus one

That is a bug in their system contact them. They need to filter characters they can't print or it will happen again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links