Track Ball

This is a discussion on Track Ball within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am considering waiting and getting the nexus one over the droid. My question is why do some android phones have track balls and other ...

Thread: Track Ball

Track Ball

I am considering waiting and getting the nexus one over the droid. My question is why do some android phones have track balls and other don't? Is it really needed on the nexus one? I'm just worried about it failing.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

In short, at the moment, no not really. At least I haven't found a mandatory use for it. Might be useful for games or something else clever later on when you utilize both touch and trackball at the same time.

The 3 color LED on it is pretty useful though.

I actually love the trackball. Yes, certain games and apps utilize the trackball.

But when browsing or emailing, sometimes you want to PRECISELY select a certain letter in a word, or trying to select a link that is VERY tiny. With the trackball you can scroll and select the word without having to repeatedly tap at the word and end up hitting all the other links.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I actually love the trackball. Yes, certain games and apps utilize the trackball.

But when browsing or emailing, sometimes you want to PRECISELY select a certain letter in a word, or trying to select a link that is VERY tiny. With the trackball you can scroll and select the word without having to repeatedly tap at the word and end up hitting all the other links.
    my thoughts exactly. when moving from pages (by clicking on page 1,2,etc) it's hard to do with your fingers without zooming. trackball is useful for this as well as cut/select/pasting words. makes it easier.

i used the search feature (imagine that , lol) so i'm resurrecting this topic.

The trackball is so nice when it comes to selecting txt or very find print on a page.. but i'm still a bit confused as to why they chose the track ball over a track pad?

Maybe space? I came from a blackberry bold 9000, my gf still has the 8520 on tmobile and i love her track pad. if you guys put your N1 in your pocket with out the sleeve, lint over time will ruin your track ball. they get dirt and lint build up over time, sort of like the old school ball mice for the computers. except these you can't clean out.

you'll have to take the phone apart to swap out the trackball, which usually voids your warrenty by opening the phone... kinda sucks

On a side note, don't get the Droid. In its stock form, it's PAINFULLY slow compared to the Nexus One. I recommend trying out both phones before you make your decision.

I've had my Nexus One from day one, and I've used the trackball maybe 3 times.

Ive used both Nexus One and Droid. The trackball is awsome it lights in different colors. I have so much to complain about the stupid D-Pad on the Droid.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links