Power on with track ball?

This is a discussion on Power on with track ball? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there any way to turn on the device with a trackball press? I can't find a setting for that....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power on with track ball?

Power on with track ball?

Is there any way to turn on the device with a trackball press? I can't find a setting for that.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would like to know this too! The power button on the top gets annoying to press to power on.

I assume it's not possible?

Power button dead, any other way to turn on phone ?

Hi,

I also would like to start and stop my phone with the trackball because my power button is dead.

Any help ?

Thanks.

i think there's an app called No Lock.

how are all these people getting n1's? are you guys buying old n1's from people who upgraded to other android phones?

There is only one way to turn the phone on without the power button and that is to plug in the charging cable and remove replace the battery multiple times (something like 10-15 I believe) the phone will then get confused and power on but once you've done this don't turn it off to much unless you want to have to carry a charging cord around to turn it back on.

If you mean wake with trackball, then many custom ROMs support it. The latest gingerbread release by Micromod777 has it, I'm using it at the moment and it works just great.

Bit easier than pressing the power button to wake up the phone from stand by.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Ya and just to complete what Iggy said if you are not rooted there are apps for this as well such as no lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    There is only one way to turn the phone on without the power button and that is to plug in the charging cable and remove replace the battery multiple times (something like 10-15 I believe) the phone will then get confused and power on but once you've done this don't turn it off to much unless you want to have to carry a charging cord around to turn it back on.
    I've found that pulling battery, piling sim, inserting sim, inserting battery works. No need for a power cord...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Oh ok well thanks for that danger I had just heard of this so I thought I would share. Thanks for telling me the power cord is not necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links