4 Home Buttons

This is a discussion on 4 Home Buttons within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; For some reason, the 4 home buttons at the bottom of the screen has an issue when trying to use them. For some reason, pressing ...

Thread: 4 Home Buttons

4 Home Buttons

For some reason, the 4 home buttons at the bottom of the screen has an issue when trying to use them. For some reason, pressing directly on them doesn't work; only when you press the top of them, or slightly above them, does it register as a press. I read somewhere that a few people had this issue, and was wondering if it is widespread and is normal for the phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkali View Post
    For some reason, the 4 home buttons at the bottom of the screen has an issue when trying to use them. For some reason, pressing directly on them doesn't work; only when you press the top of them, or slightly above them, does it register as a press. I read somewhere that a few people had this issue, and was wondering if it is widespread and is normal for the phone.
    I have this issue as well. I have to touch the "upper" portion of them for them to work.

This was noted in Engadgets original vide of the N1 - so it seems to be in every model.
    Rooted Nexus One

I think it's because the touch screen continues to where the soft buttons are. and when you press above the icon of the buttons and registers it the best.

Is this a hardware problem or software? I'm hoping this could be fixed via FW update

After about 5 minutes of using, I adapted to these buttons

I would not even really call this an issue

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's starting to make me think I made a mistake buying this phone. I played quite a bit with the Droid and I don't recall this problem. I don't see how a firmware update could fix this. It seems like a design flaw.

It's especially bad when you are either using the phone while it sits flat on the table or even when using the phone in landscape mode. I'm finding myself having to hit the touch key multiple times or I've gotten into a habit of sliding my finger across the keys. Its a bit maddening considering how integral the keys are to using the OS.

I reported the problem to Google support. They haven't even acknowledged that this is a problem. I asked them if it could be fixed in firmware. They told me to try rebooting and if that didn't work, they referred me to the warranty page.

Quote Originally Posted by slseed View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's starting to make me think I made a mistake buying this phone. I played quite a bit with the Droid and I don't recall this problem. I don't see how a firmware update could fix this. It seems like a design flaw.

It's especially bad when you are either using the phone while it sits flat on the table or even when using the phone in landscape mode. I'm finding myself having to hit the touch key multiple times or I've gotten into a habit of sliding my finger across the keys. Its a bit maddening considering how integral the keys are to using the OS.

I reported the problem to Google support. They haven't even acknowledged that this is a problem. I asked them if it could be fixed in firmware. They told me to try rebooting and if that didn't work, they referred me to the warranty page.
    I suppose that everyone has to decide for themselves just how objectionable a particular 'issue' or 'operating quirk' is to them and to their intended usage. Me? If I were experiencing this, (and I didn't on the dogfooded unit I played with) I'd probably give myself some time to adapt to it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links