Transfer Music To Nexus One

This is a discussion on Transfer Music To Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ok just got my phone a couple hours ago .. cant find any related thread how can i transfer mp3s to the phone .. connected ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Music To Nexus One

Transfer Music To Nexus One

ok just got my phone a couple hours ago .. cant find any related thread

how can i transfer mp3s to the phone .. connected phone to pc using USB

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

The easiest way is simply go to the notification bar, 'mount usb' after connecting it to the computer, go to your Mp3's folder on your pc, copy all your Mp3's you'd like to the Music folder on the SD card. If there isn't one, just make one called 'Music' in the main section.

Drop them in there and they'll show up under the music app on the Nexus One. This is true for all android phones :D

thanks .. perfect

Can you tell me if there are Music Controls (forward - reverse through songs) available WITHOUT un-locking the Nexus One (when locked) ?

The Eris has such controls avail using the built-in player , but the Droid doesn't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pushdrops View Post
    Can you tell me if there are Music Controls (forward - reverse through songs) available WITHOUT un-locking the Nexus One (when locked) ?

The Eris has such controls avail using the built-in player , but the Droid doesn't.

Thanks
    Not sure what you mean by forward/reverse through songs, but I know in android you can simply drag the slider to the point of the song you'd like to listen to.. Not sure why the droid wouldn't have that capability. (by unlocked do you mean homescreen locked?)

Will it read embedded mp3 aac cover or do I need a .jpg in each folder with a cover?

Music Controls while Phone Is Locked

[quote=Jaredu;3891]
    Not sure what you mean by forward/reverse through songs, but I know in android you can simply drag the slider to the point of the song you'd like to listen to.. Not sure why the droid wouldn't have that capability. (by unlocked do you mean homescreen locked?)
    Sorry if i wasn't clear enough...

What I mean is when you are playing mp3's , the phone will lock after so many minutes , without unlocking the phone (from the unlock screen) - are music controls available?

This is so you can move through songs very easily instead of having to turn on the screen , unlock the phone, then go into the music player app , then select another song using the track forward / reverse buttons within the app.

The Eris has music controls on the unlock screen - you don't have to unlock and use the full music app to navigate songs , the Droid doesn't have this ability (you have to fully unlock the phone, use the music app).

If the phone is used as an mp3 player it's a real pain to have to unlock the phone and use the tiny navigation buttons - that's what I'm getting at.

Anyone know if the Nexus One has music controls that are avail w/o having to unlock the phone?

What would be even better is if you could use the trackball to navigate songs.

doubleTwist ( Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3 ) is a great FREE application for managing your music between your phone and computer - it is a substitute for iTunes.

[quote=pushdrops;3947]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredu View Post
    Sorry if i wasn't clear enough...

What I mean is when you are playing mp3's , the phone will lock after so many minutes , without unlocking the phone (from the unlock screen) - are music controls available?

This is so you can move through songs very easily instead of having to turn on the screen , unlock the phone, then go into the music player app , then select another song using the track forward / reverse buttons within the app.

The Eris has music controls on the unlock screen - you don't have to unlock and use the full music app to navigate songs , the Droid doesn't have this ability (you have to fully unlock the phone, use the music app).

If the phone is used as an mp3 player it's a real pain to have to unlock the phone and use the tiny navigation buttons - that's what I'm getting at.

Anyone know if the Nexus One has music controls that are avail w/o having to unlock the phone?

What would be even better is if you could use the trackball to navigate songs.
    Ah, I haven't had a chance to try that yet. My boss's Nexus arrives today, I'll be getting mine later in the month.

Personally I use a bluetooth [stereo sony ds980] headset with skip support, so I don't really need to worry about touching the device.. I'm sure there's an app on the market that would solve that problem though. (if it exists)

the earbud you get with it have forward and skip control on them .. not sure how else to do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads