Battery Life initial impressions?

This is a discussion on Battery Life initial impressions? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; would software updates help the battery life issue?...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Life initial impressions?

would software updates help the battery life issue?

My G1 would have choked and died by mid-morning under the stress I put the phone under today. I drove 1hr 20mins to work using the GPS, Bluetooth and listening to music. Had a 1hr 30 conference call using Bluetooth while checking email and doing a little browsing. By noon I was at about 65%. Compared to my previous experience and the added benefits of the N1 I'm ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by InterPunct View Post
    My G1 would have choked and died by mid-morning under the stress I put the phone under today. I drove 1hr 20mins to work using the GPS, Bluetooth and listening to music. Had a 1hr 30 conference call using Bluetooth while checking email and doing a little browsing. By noon I was at about 65%. Compared to my previous experience and the added benefits of the N1 I'm ecstatic.
    Indeed.. came of charge lunchtime, usual amount of browsing, twitter etc. (and impromptu demos of the N1 when friends saw it). Drove around for over half an hour running last.fm, bluetooth, 3g. By midnight battery was down to 73%. Sync on, Wifi (mostly) off.

Good enough? *hell* yes. I'd still like a spare battery on hand though, especially for weekends away etc.

I'd really like to know what some are doing to burn the battery so fast..

I've noticed a couple things within the last day or so that have resulted in better battery performance:

1. Being in an area with good cell coverage. Perhaps all of the edge to 3g switching takes its toll on the battery; and

2. No longer using the live wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by auditd0rk View Post
    I've noticed a couple things within the last day or so that have resulted in better battery performance:

1. Being in an area with good cell coverage. Perhaps all of the edge to 3g switching takes its toll on the battery; and

2. No longer using the live wallpaper.
    I was thinking about the same thing the 3G and Edge may be related the Battery issue. But I am not sure. If that is the case, I think this will be easy fix for the Nexus One. The 3G speed is look like very slow, too. I only get 500KB/s that is tested. I hope they will fix all the issue with next update.

I think I remember a patch for the g1 that amongst other things also helped the battery. lets help the next update does this

I listened to pandora all day at work today and it lasted me about 7hrs.

Today minimal use, some texting a few phone calls, checking battery level, a facebook check, read some emails, show some features to people, messed with the camera...took it off the charger at 12 30 pm and it is 12 17 am right now ts at 54% havent got a chance to use it how i normaly would use a phone, a few our phone calls texting most of the day etc.. I always kept web browsing to a minimum because of battery life, espically my g1 only did it when i had 2, never really for fun.

Did my first "full" day test battery run today!

Went on a trip to the bay area to go apartment shopping, so I really got to put the phone to the test.

Left my house at 2:00PM with the battery charged 100%.

Turned screen to lowest setting.
    Turned off WIFI.
    Turned of Sync.
    Turned off ALL running background apps except for Twitter and my homescreen widgets.

I did minimal texting/applications. A few pictures and twitters on the ride, but the only application i used was the GPS about 90% of the ride. I made 4-6 calls maximum, the longest call being 10 minutes, the rest being under 4 minutes. I sent 2 picture messages.

Got home at 8:30PM, the battery was RED at under 8%.

Over all, the battery lasted about 6 hours under MINIMAL use, except Navigation/GPS.

Not amazingly good battery, but I consider that acceptable. I was able to use it the whole trip for what I NEEDED it for, without a charge. I brought my wall charger just in case, and I need to get a car charger. I am also buying a power brick charger for situations where I will need a extra charge or two.

Under "normal use" such as regular calling/email/text/browsing, I think the charge would of lasted longer, but I ran the GPS for about 3 hours total of the drive UP and BACK, with the screen on a good portion. I think its fair! People who are looking for this device to be able to do ALL these things and last a 8+++ hour day might have their hopes up though.

Like sotorious said, I think heavy browsing/applications/texting should be held off for unless you are home, or near a plug to charge the phone. As far as a cellphone through a working day, I think it should be fine.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Did my first "full" day test battery run today!

Went on a trip to the bay area to go apartment shopping, so I really got to put the phone to the test.

Left my house at 2:00PM with the battery charged 100%.

Turned screen to lowest setting.
    Turned off WIFI.
    Turned of Sync.
    Turned off ALL running background apps except for Twitter and my homescreen widgets.

I did minimal texting/applications. A few pictures and twitters on the ride, but the only application i used was the GPS about 90% of the ride. I made 4-6 calls maximum, the longest call being 10 minutes, the rest being under 4 minutes. I sent 2 picture messages.

Got home at 8:30PM, the battery was RED at under 8%.

Over all, the battery lasted about 6 hours under MINIMAL use, except Navigation/GPS.

Not amazingly good battery, but I consider that acceptable. I was able to use it the whole trip for what I NEEDED it for, without a charge. I brought my wall charger just in case, and I need to get a car charger. I am also buying a power brick charger for situations where I will need a extra charge or two.

Under "normal use" such as regular calling/email/text/browsing, I think the charge would of lasted longer, but I ran the GPS for about 3 hours total of the drive UP and BACK, with the screen on a good portion. I think its fair! People who are looking for this device to be able to do ALL these things and last a 8+++ hour day might have their hopes up though.

Like sotorious said, I think heavy browsing/applications/texting should be held off for unless you are home, or near a plug to charge the phone. As far as a cellphone through a working day, I think it should be fine.
    Not to bad with gps and turn by turn? How long was the car ride?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links