Battery Life initial impressions?

This is a discussion on Battery Life initial impressions? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I started using mine yesterday around 8am. Only 4-5 phone calls. But been checking Twitter, reading emails and downloading and installing apps regularly during the ...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Battery Life initial impressions?

I started using mine yesterday around 8am. Only 4-5 phone calls. But been checking Twitter, reading emails and downloading and installing apps regularly during the day. Also did an hour or more of browsing.

By 9pm, I had about 60% of my battery left with wifi on all day.

I went to bed and forgot to switch off wifi. The battery was dead when I got up this morning.

So didn't get a full 24 hours with wifi but easily went through the day and evening using the phone to connect to the net. What I don't do is use it as a media player.

Wendelius

Quote Originally Posted by Wendelius View Post
    I started using mine yesterday around 8am. Only 4-5 phone calls. But been checking Twitter, reading emails and downloading and installing apps regularly during the day. Also did an hour or more of browsing.

By 9pm, I had about 60% of my battery left with wifi on all day.

I went to bed and forgot to switch off wifi. The battery was dead when I got up this morning.

So didn't get a full 24 hours with wifi but easily went through the day and evening using the phone to connect to the net. What I don't do is use it as a media player.

Wendelius
    There is DEFINITELY something amiss with mine, then.

Any suggestions? I contacted HTC, they gave me the usual 'battery optimisation tips'.

Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post

Any suggestions? I contacted HTC, they gave me the usual 'battery optimisation tips'.
    2 things. Have you let the battery discharge completely once so you get more accurate battery level readings? Also, my wifi source was nearby. The phone didn't have to spend its time hunting for it and acquiring new ones. Maybe that made a difference?

Wendelius

Are you using 3g?

Also, the first charge goes very quickly! After a few charges, and the battery is conditioned, it will last longer!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Yes, I'm using 3G and generally have reasonable reception or none so it drops back - it's not constantly switching. I'm not on the first charge either, I've had it for a week now and although it'd not run completely out more than once, it's been fully charged several times. It should be conditioned by now.

The thing is, I'm comparing to iPhone and every other smartphone I've had. And I want wifi and 3G, because it should be perfectly capable of running for a day with moderate use with them.

i was using my phone all day from 2- 1 in the morning, allowing people to play on it, so it was in constant use and it had 10% left. seeing as it was being used continously i thought that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Staker View Post
    i was using my phone all day from 2- 1 in the morning, allowing people to play on it, so it was in constant use and it had 10% left. seeing as it was being used continously i thought that was good.
    That's what I'd expect, and not what I'm getting

That's what I'd expect, and not what I'm getting
    In Settings > About Phone > Battery Use

It will show what has been using your battery.

It only counts from the last time plugged into charge, so try it tomorrow and see what is draining your battery!

The display drains the most on the phone.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I've been checking, and it's nothing I wouldn't expect: Display, Cell Standby, Phone Idle, Android System and then only 1 or 2 % browser.

I installed Taskiller last night, and I think its improved the battery even more, have been using the phone absolutely loads today and its on 40%. (Turned it on at 7am, its now 9pm)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links