Battery Life initial impressions?

This is a discussion on Battery Life initial impressions? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It seems that preventing the Wi-Fi from sleeping when the Nexus One goes idle increases battery life. For me this simple settings change increased my ...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Battery Life initial impressions?

It seems that preventing the Wi-Fi from sleeping when the Nexus One goes idle increases battery life. For me this simple settings change increased my battery life without having to disable services.

This app changes the setting for you: Chrigi's Android Blog: Prevent Wi-Fi being turned off when phone becomes idle

coming from iPhone... i LOVE it! lol

It seems the first 10% of the battery goes rather quickly and then it seems to be better after that.
    I agree with some that when you use Twitter Programs as well and Chat Programs like Palringo, Nimbuzz or EBuddy really drains the battery 2 times faster.
    Bringing the screen brightness to it's lowest levels helps but of course if you use your phone in the sunlight you need it the screen at it's brightest.

I'm using my Nexus One on my T-Mobile plan. I get 3G everywhere I go, and I manually turn on or off the WiFi capabilities when I come and go from my house. I turn on the GPS location system right before I run an app that requires it. (Navigation, Sherpa, etc.) I leave auto-brightness on. I run ebuddy in the background for instant messages.

I use my phone extensively throughout the day, so I get about 11 to 15 hours worth of battery life. I use my phone until it gets to 5% charge then I recharge with either the USB or the wall charger. I do not remove it until it is at 100%.

I used to leave the WiFi finder and the GPS locator on all day, and I would onlye get about 6 hours of charge before I went red.

I guess my only suggestion is to turn off the GPS until you need it cause that has been the biggest drainer aside from the display.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links