Battery Life initial impressions?

This is a discussion on Battery Life initial impressions? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so far after one full day, not very impressed at all I disabled the animated background and constantly monitoring running apps still killed my battery ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Life initial impressions?

so far after one full day, not very impressed at all

I disabled the animated background and constantly monitoring running apps

still killed my battery very very quickly

by mid day, i was at 50% and had started using my USB charger at work to feed it juice

SO FAR, it doesn't seem to hold the charge very well

granted i had to give a lot of demonstrations with it today

8 hours since I unplugged it, which is what the phone says and my battery meter is at 70%

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    New cells require a full charge and then a full discharge, then a full recharge to properly caibrate the phone's cell level detection.
    where the hell did you pull this out of????????

Please cite some sources of this information, otherwise sounds like bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    New cells require a full charge and then a full discharge, then a full recharge to properly caibrate the phone's cell level detection.

I have also read the same thing before in the past and it is actually true. He ain't bs'ing.

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

Devices that meter cells indeed need calibration, and this is often reflected in the startup manuals ('fully charge' the cell before first use).

this is not the same thing you said earlier; a full charge is not the same as "full charge + discharge"

still sounds like you are just making this up/wishful thinking

can you provide any sources to back this up? actual technical research/evidence, not just your personal experiences and beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post

common knowledge they always recommend that, when buying a new phone let it die all the way then charge it with the phone off, do this about 2 or 3 times.

There's a lot of myths that have carried forward from the old nicad days, which used to benefit from full charges/discharges.. modern batteries are designed to be partially charged throughout their life and suffer no ill effects from it.

There is something to the idea of calibration of the circuitry, if that really matters to you - it'll happen naturally anyway during the lifetime of the device... at some point in its life it will be empty or fully charged.

Edit: The site linked above actually says this rather better than I could:
    "Unlike nickel and lead-based batteries, a new lithium-ion pack does not need cycling through charging and discharging. Priming will make little difference because the maximum capacity of lithium-ion is available right from the beginning. Neither does a full discharge improve the capacity of a faded pack. However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation"

Okay I have a question for everyone. I have an app called advanced task killer free which will show you apps running in the background and allow you with one click to close them all. I have used apps like this on my Hero and G1. However, when I use this app on my N1 it always says the same programs are running and it always says programs are running that I have never used since I got the phone like Amazon MP3. Any suggestions?

I will post my battery usage later as I have just unplugged my phone after being charged all night --- Last I checked display was eating up around 50% - Live wallpapers around 6%

I wondered the same thing about numerous programs apparently 'running'.

Any ideas, anyone?

Also, the GPS symbol flashes occasionally even though I'm not doing anything location-related. Is the GPS chip in use a lot of the time and will it be draining the battery?

I wouldn't worry about it - Android keeps tasks in memory so it can switch to them faster.. if you check on the battery usage page you'll see that they're not using any measurable power.

Big power users for me are the display and the Wifi/3G... but check on your own phone what is using the power, rather than trying random things/reading forums.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links