Battery Life initial impressions?

This is a discussion on Battery Life initial impressions? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Jonnei The battery life doesn't bother me. If your gonna use it like a laptop, then expect for it to die fast. ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Life initial impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnei View Post
    The battery life doesn't bother me. If your gonna use it like a laptop, then expect for it to die fast. I'm always near a source to charge my phone, though. Whether in home, car, or even laptop.
    eh guess I expected to much coming from my bb

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnei View Post
    The battery life doesn't bother me. If your gonna use it like a laptop, then expect for it to die fast. I'm always near a source to charge my phone, though. Whether in home, car, or even laptop.
    eh guess I expected to much coming from my bb
    I'm upgrading from my Samsung Blackjack. The phone came with two batteries. It has a slim one, that was originally designed for the phone. Plus a second larger one, that later came with the phone and uses an enlarged back plate.

I don't care much for how much battery I could get out of it over the course of more than one day because, at night, I will always plug it in before heading to bed.

as long as its better than the g1, and as long as by the time i go to bed i can do what i want to do and not have it completely die. G1 phone call would drain my battery insanely fast. Went the BB it was heaven, now back to this i hope its atleast decent. does not have to be equivilant to the BB but at least a couple notches under. Whatever it is its to late the phone is already on its way.

BB is heaven only because the screen is not huge and doesn't use much of the device's power. Then again, the Storm had good battery but maybe because it doesn't have this huge processor running in the back along with a lot of graphical touches.

Just did an idle test.. Switched wifi, sync, gps, etc. off and left it idle for a while (I was busy on other stuff so that wasn't as hard as it sounds). Left 3G on as it wasn't a setting on the widget panel*. Background is the standard animated one.

Battery use says 98% on cell standby, 2% on phone idle. 8h since unplugged, battery level 90%.

So I could leave it that way for 3.3 days before it needed a recharge. That's astounding on a smartphone (more than any phone I've owned recently.. nothing compared to the 14 days of the cheap nokias but then they hardly compare in features). Of course the more you use it the faster it'll drain, so you may not get that...

* This was a test of how much just shutting things down overnight would help... going into settings is too much hard work for day to day stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blakmaj1k View Post
    I don't care much for how much battery I could get out of it over the course of more than one day because, at night, I will always plug it in before heading to bed.
    I feel the same, but I've had the phone for 30 hours now and I've already charged it to full 3 times and I'm not a power user. Initial charge and two charges only after the battery indicator went to red. If the battery was to last the entire day, I'd be happy to plug the phone in nightly before going to bed. But, that's doesn't look possible so far.

I seriously want to know why when I kill all my apps in the task manager and the phone sits idle and not in use when I open up the task manager again 20 mins later 10 things are running --- things like Amazon MP3, settings, ect. Its noticeable mainly when unlock the phone the video wall paper moves slow --- when I kill all apps it runs fast again ...

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    I seriously want to know why when I kill all my apps in the task manager and the phone sits idle and not in use when I open up the task manager again 20 mins later 10 things are running --- things like Amazon MP3, settings, ect. Its noticeable mainly when unlock the phone the video wall paper moves slow --- when I kill all apps it runs fast again ...

yeah experiencing something similar, GTalk seems to start up and run on it's own.

the Amazon MP3 store is annoying as hell indeed

So far, today with moderate use i got about 10 hours and it died. Not too shabby.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links