Battery Life initial impressions?

This is a discussion on Battery Life initial impressions? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Nope.. not hot at all here. I expect if you stress it the processor generates a fair bit of heat, which is what you'd expect....

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Life initial impressions?

Nope.. not hot at all here.

I expect if you stress it the processor generates a fair bit of heat, which is what you'd expect.

Sweet!

Hey Tony, can I ask how much you paid for yours all up? I'm looking to order a UK N1

Cheers

$578.64 which translates to roughly 360.

AFAIK nobody has had a bill for VAT yet.

Some people are saying the battery is ****, but others says is great. I don't know what ppl expect from this phone but as long the battery can last from going up from bed to going to sleep i'm fine. Why would you need longer ? ^^

For me, the battery life appears on par with that of the Droid; however, the battery life indicator is what's different. I've noticed (at least on my phone) that it's like the fuel gauge in various cars - some stay on full for a long time and then hurry to empty; others come off full quickly and take forever to hit empty. Mine's similar to the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHoyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    I seriously want to know why when I kill all my apps in the task manager and the phone sits idle and not in use when I open up the task manager again 20 mins later 10 things are running --- things like Amazon MP3, settings, ect. Its noticeable mainly when unlock the phone the video wall paper moves slow --- when I kill all apps it runs fast again ...
    Don't bother about it - they don't use battery. Android will kill them if it needs to.

In fact I'd recommend not using a task manager at all.. it's a distraction.
    Yeah I noticed in the power settings that these apps use no power ... Its just annoying because when they are all running the live wallpapers run slow.

I have to say I am not impressed with the battery life. It has not made it from the morning till I go to bed. I do blame this on the fact that i still play with the phone a lot. Also i am comparing it to a 2.5g iphone which did not run gps or 3g.

I have wifi on, 3g on and the screen brightness on 11%. not too many calls, a bit of web and checking email every 30 mins. What i am going to do today is switch to edge if im not using the web because checking emails on 3g is pointless.

After that i am convinced i can get the battery to last longs. i mean if we compare this to other smartphones it pretty on par. Droid has similar battery and iphone 3gs will die in 6 hours if u run it hard as well.

I haven't plugged my phone in in 23hrs and 56 minutes. I've used dolphin, gallery, gps, and a bunch of other apps regularly and it's just now blinking red. Am I correct in fully charging the battery and letting it die to calibrate it? That's what I heard from someone...

All I can say is that I will be buying 2 extra batteries.

well hell 7 hours talk time is plenty if thats ture and 5 hours browsing

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links