Battery Life initial impressions?

This is a discussion on Battery Life initial impressions? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; You have to condition the battery, much like the battery of any device! Once you have charged it a few times, the battery tends to ...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Life initial impressions?

You have to condition the battery, much like the battery of any device! Once you have charged it a few times, the battery tends to last a little longer. Also knowing how to have the least power draining apps and settings on.

You can't SERIOUSLY expect a device with hardware like this to last super long using so many applications at once! If I know its going to be a long day, where I won't be home to charge it, I will just throw my phone charger in my bag. Its not seriously a big deal to me.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I'm finding battery life to be pretty awful, worse than iPhone 3G.

With my iPhone, I would use the internet virtually the whole of my commute (1 hour+), then use it for texts and twitter and a bit of internet at work, and for my whole commute back. I would also play music on my commute each way. The battery would just about die by the time I was getting home - it'd be down to about 40% as I left work. I would have push email, Google contacts and calendar sync, the iPhone push notifications running, wifi on and gps on.

My N1 is now on 25% and it's only mid-afternoon. It's lost 20% since I got to work, having only been used for about 10 mins internet and half a dozen texts. The N1 seems to eat battery just sitting idle a lot more than the iPhone did - I could leave the iPhone for days and it'd only get to 95% while the N1 can get through more than than in a few hours.

I would seriously consider contacting HTC about your battery, I have been using mine all day again today and its still at 79%.

I've dropped them an email...

Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by siimot View Post
    My first day using it, few youtube videos, facebook etc and the battery is on 50% still so quite happy so far
    Brother htc hd2 battery is lower with slightly more use so about the same for both phone
    so basically you haven't used the phone and it's at 50% and you're happy?
    Like others have said it the first charge, todays battery is better with the same usage.
    I wouldnt call streaming videos over 3g not using the phone anyhow.

If I charge mine full and leave it with only sync on overnight I'm down to like %85 by the time I get up for work.

The suck.
    Rooted Nexus One

took it off the charger at 5am. its now 12:30 and im at 29%. and I have hardly used it. maybe 15or so texts and a little internet but it was mainly in my pocket

61% is the display. I dont have live wallpaper on and brightness its on auto. and most of the time, its in my pocket in the sleeve

I think there's something odd going on with mine too.

I realised that my weather widget was set to 'current location' so that was probably eating a lot of juice by using the GPS a lot in the background.

However, it still seems to be going down more than it should with that off. It went from 18% to 15% in the 5 mins it took me to walk home, phone in pocket, locked and nothing received. I sent 3 and received 3 texts and then the phone sat idle for 30 minutes and it's gone from 15% to 7%.

Also, I have a Powermonkey external battery, that I used with my iPhone. If I had my iPhone plugged into the Powermonkey, it would not only run the iPhone but also charge it while I used the phone.

Now, the N1 is supposed to be more efficient, but plugging it into the Powermonkey and using a bit of internet and the battery was only a tiny bit more charged than when I started. So it's using a LOT more juice than the iPhone for equivalent tasks.

htc said they don't even have any batteries,can you believe a 500 dollar phone has nowhere to purchase accessories?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links